Chapter 38

*** 2 months later ***

I walk to meet Diego in front off the door that leads to the basement where some of the mafia man we do business with in Europe and in America are united. Today is Hope's 21ist birthday. The day her dad finally retires and she takes possession of the mafia in Spain. This meeting will be to introduce Hope as the new head of Spain and to share the news about our business coming together.

"Where is she?" He asks as soon as he sees me.

"She's coming." I say to an impatient Diego. I look as Diego stops pacing and sets his eyes behind me. I turn around and see Hope walking my way with Harrison to her left and Harry to her right, walking just a step behind her. She looks so beautiful, wearing a white suit and her straight hair behind her ears, she has me captivated. She gets closer and I swear, I see her walk in slow motion. She's so beautiful man.

"Everyone is here?" She asks reaching me.

"Everything is ready." I say.

"Okay." She says and let's a big breath out.

"Hey," I say going for her hand. "You'll be good." I add and she smiles. "Ready?"

"Ready." She answers.

I open the door and she walks in. I follow after her with Harrison and Diego behind us. When we are at the bottom of the stairs, I reach for her hand and walk with her towards the conference table at the end of the room. Everyone stands on their feet when we arrive to greet us. I pull out the chair at the head of the long table for Hope to sit, and I take a seat to her right. Hope sits straight placing both of her hands on the table. Her nervous expression from earlier is gone, nothing but confidence is reflected on her face.

"Thank you for being here." She starts speaking.

"Why are we here Tom?" A voice cuts her off. I turn to see who is speaking and find Jan from Austria playing with a pen in his hand. Hope looks at me and I give her a quick nod. She breathes.

"You're here because-"

"I asked Tom, not you." He says again. My face starts getting hot, my anger rising. I start to stand up but Hope grabs my hand and gives it a small squeeze letting me know she got it.

"And I'm answering you." She says quickly. "What's his name?" She asks turning to me.

"Jan." I answer.

"Jan," she says turning back to him. "I'm conducting this meeting, do you have a problem with that?"

"Yes, I don't do deals with women." He says and Hope let's a small laugh out.

"And may I ask why is that?"

"This is not for women."

"According to who? You?." She asks and i want to laugh. "Because i do believe women are as capable as men to run any kind of business, this one included."

"But I don't." Jan says.

"Well, if that's the case, you better start looking for another provider, because if you go through us, you'll have to deal with me."