63 | fated encounters

SIXTY-THREE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

we all encounter people at some point in our lives who catch our attention for a fleeting moment. and then afterwards, the sole memory of their face and behavior fades in the wind, without knowing that one day.. the strings of our fates would soon intertwine.

-

"iwaaa~" a tall middle school second year brunette whined inside the café. "how am i supposed to grow any taller if you keep smacking my head like that?"

the other second year who was also waiting for his order scoffed. "quit your whining, shittykawa. we're in a public establishment at eight thirty in the evening and you've been babbling about your hair since we got off the bus."

the brunette boy only huffed. "whatever.."

the bell of the café dinged, signalling the arrival of a customer. the two looked at the direction of the door. it was uncommon for someone to come by the cafe this late in the evening, as right now, just the two of them were here.

a girl with wavy midnight black hair that just ended a bit over her shoulders entered the café.

the first thing they noticed about her was that she had different colored eyes— something that wasn't very common.

she was wearing a white blouse tucked underneath a white pleated skirt, a gray tie, and a white blazer over that. she had white stockings reaching mid-thigh and black school shoes.

she silently walked over to the counter, her footsteps resounded against the tiled floors of the café.

"she's cute." the boy with fluffy brown hair quipped.

the other one's eyes remained on the girl.

"large vanilla iced coffee please." the girl muttered to the barista. "two blueberry cheesecakes and a medium strawberry shortcake."

the barista nodded as he wrote down the order and gave her the change as she paid.

the girl went over to a vacant table and leaned against her palm as she waited.

seinaru let herself get immersed in the events earlier today.

her day went by like usual after that ball game before classes. she didn't hear anyone whispering about the game at all. it seemed as if utsui and kenji had done damage control to keep other people from discussing it.

she sighed. she hadn't expected to get tricked a second time by utsui— who hadn't talked to her at all the entire day, thinking that she was pissed. and she was, partially, because her coffee had been abducted and was used as blackmail in the first place. however, she couldn't deny that during the game, she felt something awaken in her.