Year 7 Part 4 (chapter 38)

Author's note:
The end is near😢 I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 1.3k

Severus sighs as he does his paperwork. Whenever he's done, more papers seem to appear...

This time, however, he isn't alone. Draco is in the office, talking to his Godfather.

The boy told the Carrows that he had to discuss something with him about the Dark Lord and his parents - they seemed to believe him and let him in.

Well, it's not completely a lie - he needed to talk to someone about Y/N and his arranged marriage. They both know it's approaching.

The only question is - will they have to go through with it? Or will Potter and his friends save the day by killing the Dark Lord?

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Potter seems to be our only hope right now" Draco says, sighing in frustration.

For once in his life, the boy is actually cheering for Harry Potter rather than hoping the Gryffindor will fail. It must be a really strange feeling for him, and it looks like he's not entirely sure how to feel about it.

Severus puts down his quill, looking at his Godson.

"Indeed, Potter is our only hope now. Only he can defeat the Dark Lord" he says.

He wonders when the final part of the war will start. When will the crucial fight begin?

Whenever it is, Severus prays to Merlin that the Boy Who Lived will be able to win. That he will be able to stop the Dark Lord once and for all.

Severus can't help but wonder who will survive the war. Will he survive the war? Will Y/N?

His train of thoughts is interrupted as one of the men in the paintings start talking.

"Young Malfoy is requested at Malfoy Manor, it's urgent. Your assistance is needed" the man states, looking at Draco.

The boy gulps. He's probably wondering why his parents would need him. Severus wonders if they have found the Gryffindor Trio.

Nodding, Draco bids the Headmaster goodbye before turning around to leave.

Just as he does so, Severus remembers something.

"Before you leave, Draco. Do you know what Y/N's Patronus is?" he questions, hoping he knows.

Draco stops right in his tracks. He then faces his former Head of House.

"Yeah, it's an-" he says before stopping himself. He seems to realise something as he smirks.

This irritates Severus. What does the boy know that he doesn't? Why can't he just tell him?

"Well?" Severus asks, raising an eyebrow.

Draco merely gives an innocent look. "I should probably leave, Father and Mother are expecting me. Good day, Headmaster" he says as he leaves the office, a smug look on his face.

Severus sighs in frustration. Merlin clearly doesn't want him to know.

Well, as challenging as it might be, he will find out someday. He will make sure of it.
______________________________

Less than two months later, Severus strolls towards the Great Hall. Potter was seen in Hogsmeade.

Somebody at Hogwarts must know of his whereabouts, which is why it's his duty as the Headmaster to question everyone.

Speaking of the boy, he was at Malfoy Manor that day Draco's presence was requested.

Apparently, he was needed to identify the Boy Who Lived. He wasn't recognisable as his face was rather swollen. Draco insisted that he couldn't be sure whether it was him or not.