Chapter 13, Help

TRIGGER WARNING!! Panic attack and mention of guns, explosives.

Everyone finally decided on watching Outlander. By episode four, everyone was hooked and it was almost 11 pm.

Stephen was the one who ended up turning it off, with many protests from the others (mainly Tony). "You all may continue after Eclipse goes to bed. She needs to sleep and take care of the twins."

He wasn't wrong. I had changed their diapers after episode two but they were now due for another feeding and were quite restless. "Sorry guys." I apologized. They all rushed to assure me that it was fine and we could continue the series on a different night. Besides, Peter looked like he was ready to drop.

Most of the others went with their respective mates to bed while Wanda, Thor, and Stephen stayed behind. Tony, once he realized that Stephen wasn't following him, stayed also. Both Stephen and Wanda looked like they were mentally discussing something and Wanda was the one to speak first.

"Let us take the twins tonight. Stephen and I can watch them and if you're concerned about any sort of powers or magic going on we are both capable of handling it. Even Thor can handle himself."

I should. I know I should. But as always there's this little doubt in my mind that fears for the twins safety. "Okay. We can do it tonight. If there is any problems then I'll take the twins back for the night and you guys won't pester me about it anymore."

"Deal." Wanda said.

I sighed, trying to collect my thoughts. "Wanda you already know where the extra milk is. Just make sure that when you defrost it, it isn't that for the twins. There are extra dia-."

Wanda was chuckling when she cut me off. "You know, I've done this before during the day. The only difference is that's its dark outside. Now go to bed."

I grinned, knowing she was right but worried anyways. "M'kay goodnight guys."

As I snuggled in my bed, I worried about the twins. But as I pushed away my worries, I realized how dark and empty the room was. I had never noticed it before because I always had the twins nearby, and before that I had had a small room or shared one with my mom. With the room being void of decorations and completely silent It almost felt like I was in a tomb.

To solve this problem I turned on the lamp next to my bed. But all that did was cast twisted shadows around the room from the few items that were here. So I did what any rational person would do and completely disobeyed my soulmates by pacing the room. 

My hope was that I would be able to tire myself out and finally be able to sleep. It didn't take me long to find out that this wouldn't work. So as a last resort I went over to the window. It was more of a wall of glass than a window as it spanned across the far side of the room. (picture above but bigger and also in New York City)

Night life in the city was extraordinary. Down below I could see tiny cars moving in the streets and flashing lights in all directions. Nothing helped. All this did was remind me of memories that needed to be forgotten.

*Memory of when she was 4*

Mom had told me to cover my ears. It didn't help much. I could still hear screams as she held me tightly and ran. I opened my eyes to try and find Uncle Nick.

He had come to visit but then something went wrong and he told us to run.

Opening my eyes was probably one of the worst things I could've ever done at the moment. I saw flashes and people fell down before my eyes, clearly dead. There was a bigger flash off in the distance where our house was.