twenty two |

I tried to keep my mind off of the craft carved from rock when Vree took us to the sector of the ship that held tonight's festivities. The fireworks showing was in the same sector of ship as the festivities last night, but this night Vree took me through a tubular elevator that took us up several flights, to a whole new sector of the ship that I haven't seen. But, given how large the mothership was, I doubted I'd be able to know every inch of it as much as Vree did.

Tonight we were in another large, dome shaped room. Although room was an understatement, because we were standing on something that was nearly as wide as a football field, the top of the domed-ceiling a perfect view of the galaxy above around us. 

A good portion of the space was dedicated to their on-site gardening systems where they kept seeds from their home planted, as well as from Earth. There were mini eating areas scattered about, and the entire space was filled with booths, games, and carnival rides that were a mixture of from both Earth and the Frivrok people. 

Vree and I were walking through the rows of booths, and he'd bought me a small snack custom to their people. It was triangular shaped, white, and chewy. He said it was a type of rice flour similar to mochiko on our planet, the edges of it were seasoned with sweet flakes, and the inside was a sweet and savory gooey sauce. He explained that it was a popular festivity dish and that kids loved it. I'd nearly eaten it in two gulps, and was now washing my hands at one of the sink and water stations, since Frivrok people took cleanliness very seriously Vree explained to me that on their planet they have many "sink bowls" similar to drinking fountains, scattered around the planet if not natural bodies of waters and hot springs where people can clean themselves. 

"That was so good." I sighed, delighted, "What else you got for me space pirate?" 

Vree looked around, "Perhaps we can try finding pin the tail on the Klavar?" He suggested. 

I snorted, "Hard pass. What else do you got?" I put my hands under a device that hovered by the fountain, it blew cool, drying air to my hands and my hands dried nearly instantly. "Okay, high tech hand driers." I commented, amused, "Woah, did it just moisturize my hands?" My eyes widened as it gently misted a oil like substance that immediately dried and made my hands feel soft.  

"Yes, it did." He responded, then took one of my clean hands without hesitation and tugged me towards him gently. We began walking hand in hand, Vreekar scanning booths and rubbing his chin thoughtfully as I took everything in as well. Alot of the booths were in tent like layouts, with bigger tents holding small carnival games. The tents were adorned with candles and wreathes as well as decorative beads, sweet and savory aromas filled the air, and generally everyone around us was in a good mood. 

For the most part, the festivity grounds were filled with the couples that were matched, but every now and then I caught glimpse of Frivrok men in small groups, playing carnival games, eating, or immersed in conversation. Despite most being unbothered to make an appearance, it was nice seeing people have fun. 

I noticed the couples around us, linked in arms or holding hands, deep in conversation, laughing, eating. I watched as Frivrok men guided the Earth women through the festival grounds, catching snippets of questions from my fellow earthlings about everything that was going on tonight. Every now and then I would see couples dressed in the most extravagant, flowing outfits and beaded adornments. After the third couple, I began noticing some patterns and squeezed Vree's hand, "Are they wearing cultural wear?" 

Vree followed the path of my eyes and nodded to me, "Yes. More traditional. People usually bring out those garments during festivities like such. There is a tent where you can dress in them."