00.06

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF
YOURE READING !

Voting helps me update quicker (; commenting keeps me motivated LMAO

___________________________

ONE IN THE morning. I want to claw my eyes out. All I'm stuck listening to is the daycare music that plays on the speakers above.
Can't somebody shut that off? I mean, it's quiet enough, but I can still hear it mocking me.

Chica had been put back in her rightful place by Vanessa. I'm mentally remembering to buy her a coffee when I see her again.

My body was telling me it needed sleep, so, I've been laying on the floor of the daycare curled up in a clean blanket owned by Sun. He had placed me in a soft spot, coddled by blankets and moon pillows.
I had definitely already fell asleep a few times, but little things like thunder or weird noises in the building kept waking me up. Or Sun would make little mumbles of irritation at a new mess he'd find in the daycare.

I let out a heavy sigh, staring up at the ceiling. Sun's face soon makes it way into my own, towering over me with his hands on his hips. I squint up at him through the light of the room. It's burning my eyes.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

I roll over and let out a soft groan. "Ugh, I can't. It's too bright in here. And the thunder keeps waking me up." My hands make their way into my hair, and I run a few fingers through it to calm myself down.

"I'm not turning the lights off." He tells me.
I roll my eyes. "Please? I can't sleep with it being this bright in here."

"No way! They're staying on until the breaker switches. Just try to relax, y/n." He sits beside me. A soft frown takes up on his features.

I sigh, looking over at him. "I can't relax. I'm a nervous wreck."

He chuckles softly, taking his spare hand to rub my shoulder with. "Try and put a blanket over your eyes! Then it'll seem dark."

I oblige his logical thinking, and do as told. As if I haven't tried that before.

"I'll try." My voice falls to a mumble. Sun smiles, I hear it in his voice as he speaks to me. "Get some rest. You deserve it."

My mind soon turns into a dreamland, and I fall asleep.

_________________

Something wakes me up by shaking my shoulder. I turn over and frown, letting out a soft mumble. "Hngg, what?"

Sun smiles slightly, looking me over. "Good morning! You made it through the night!" He beams in a loud voice.

It was morning? Finally!

"I was going to wake you up sooner, but you looked so cozy . . And I knew you were tired."

I sat up and looked around curiously. The actual sun was starting to shine its way into the daycare. Shit, what time even is it?

"Wait, what time is it?"

"It's eight A.M ! The daycare will be open soon, so you should probably get out." He smiles softly. I watch as he walks over to the small kids' tables, and starts to set up their coloring stations and crafts. He put a glitter glue bottle on each table.

"Eight?! Oh shit," I stand up and stretch out my body, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. I'm surprised it hasn't died on me yet.

Texts blew up my phone, and a few missed calls.

MOM — 11:31 pm
why didn't you come home tonight? you out?

MOM — 11:45 pm
I'd like for you to at least tell me you're okay. this isn't the first time you've stayed out all night without telling me.

MOM— 12:22 am
I'm guessing you got drunk at (f/n)'s house, so I'll see you tomorrow

_____

I groan, texting her back that I was fine.

_____

Liz — 10:45pm
Girllll, I think it's happening tonight. He got
all dressed up to see me. He asked if I wanted to check out his bed 🤪😮‍💨

Liz — 1:20 am
So I've got some tea to spill when I see you. Allot happened tonight and idk if it's gonna last between us . .
_____

"Liz you're an idiot." I mumble to my phone as I skim over her messages to me.

"Are you okay?" Sun asks, furrowing a brow to me.

I look up at him and gather my things. "Huh? Y-Yeah, I'm good. Just uh, a few people blew my phone up." I wave him off. I throw on my hoodie and have Sundrop walk me to the doors of the daycare.

I'll have to reply to all the others later.

"I hope everything is okay!" He frowns. "Nobody is in trouble, right?"

"My ass is, once I get home. I forgot I promised to run some errands today. This is going to be a long day." I whine out, hanging my tired head in defeat. Sun grabs me, bringing me into a tight hug.

I smile softly, feeling his warm exterior heat up.

"Aw, It'll be okay! Just try and relax." His features dimmed down at me. Something about Sun made me feel so at ease. Sometimes.

Majority of the time though, he knew just what to say, and how to say it to make me feel better. He's always been that way with me.

"I don't think I'm going to make it halfway through the day without passing out." I mumble into him. He chuckles, patting my head. I look up at him.

"Want a Sundrop? Fizzyfaz? It'll really help you stay awake!" He beams. "I've only had two so far, and look how awake I am!"

I chuckle softly, stepping back from him. "You really should try and stay away from that stuff." I mention, "You're gonna blow a circuit."

I supposed it was probably the only reason he was so entertained with the kids. Having all the energy, just for them. I guess he needed something to get him through a shift of extremely hyper kiddos.

"No way! I'll be fine." The celestial Sun smiled again. "You should probably leave. I'll see you tomorrow!"

I nod, giving him a soft wave. "Bye Sunny."