CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

RHEA'S POV:

"Kronos... what do we do? I don't even know if I want to go to war over this. She's out for revenge because of her lost pup. Ouranos fucked up." I said, stressed out of my own mind.

My mate was silent, his face showing that he was lost in his own thoughts.

"Babe, are you listening?" I asked, frowning as I waved my hand in front of his handsome features.

He blinked, noticing that I used a new nickname for him. I could see a slight blush on his cheeks before he cleared his throat. "Ah... sorry. I just... my dad? Why would he do such a thing? I can't wrap my mind around it."

I sympathized with him, placing my hand on his shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze.

"Honestly, I don't know why. We overheard the story. I'm having a hard time believing this as well. Since he seemed so supportive of us and he seems to cherish you a lot as well." I mumbled.

A sigh left my mate, "Well, that's how it always starts. It always seems that way. But there's more that meets the eye." He paused. "I want to talk to him."

I cocked a brow, crossing my arms. "Are you sure you want to talk to him? He seemed pissed after Fortrista left."

"I don't care how he feels right now. If what she said is true, then he's no longer my father. He's just as bad as my mother." Kronos spat, eyes pitch black before he took a breath in.

Calming his wolf down.

Surprised, I could only nod. Lately, Kronos has come out of his shell more and was more outspoken. However, he did have his moments of shutting down and becoming frightened over certain things.

Specific things or topics still triggered him, as he's still healing.

After seeing me nod, Kronos turned towards the door and strived to his father's bedroom. I quickly followed behind him, making sure that everything would flow smoothly.

At least I hoped it did.

A loud knock echoed across the hall and I realized it came from my mate. Kronos knocked on his dad's door hard, and I could tell from his body language that he was not in the mood to play around.

'I do like this new side to him...' Rain said, smirking.

'Hush it, it's not the time or place for that.' I replied, cutting the link.

Not a moment after, Ouranos opened the door. There was a faint annoyed expression before he smiled. "Kronos! My boy. Did you need something?"

Kronos pressed his hand on the door, forcing it open. He stepped inside with me trailing behind him. I closed the door swiftly as Ouranos took a few steps back, confused on the sudden intrusion.

"What's going on? You both seem to be upset." He asked, tilting his head to the side in wonder. Ouranos then started to laugh, "Oh wait, don't tell me. Kronos, you tried to ask Rhea for sex and she rejected you? I told you, you have to do foreplay fi-"

"We saw your meeting with Fortrista." Kronos bluntly said, crossing his arms as he confronted his father.

He had cut him off while he was talking, letting him know he wasn't here to joke around.

Ouranos quickly lost his smile, but quickly returned it back. "What meeting? You guys are silly. Is this a prank because I was in a hurry somewhere? I was on a date with this widowed pack female." He said, laughing.

It was almost too convincing, but we knew otherwise. Everything was an act.

All of it.

"Cut the crap, Ouranos. You can't lie. Kronos and I witnessed everything. From beginning to end." I said, stepping in.