Chapter 8 - fate

- Third POV -

"You're the girl of my dreams" Blurts out Aang. Upon hearing this, Mizuki starts to blush furiously.

"What?" Stutters Mizuki shyly as she looks away embarrassed.

"Wait no! That's not what I meant" Shrieks Aang as he starts blushing like crazy.

"When I lived with the monks I had dreams about a girl who had the ability to bend two elements. And she was going to help me on my journey of mastering the four elements" Explains Aang.

"Really? Well I talked to avatar Roku and he told me that the spirits had chosen me to help you" Replies Mizuki. Aang smiles at Mizuki's words.

"Wow, I didn't believe it was true. But here you are!" Beams Aang while Mizuki looked at Aang for a few seconds. Does this mean that they'll stick together?

"Aang, will you promise me to stay by my side?" Asks Mizuki. Aang blinks at Mizuki's question for a second and begins to smile.

"I'll stay by your side no matter what, I promise" Replies Aang, who gently puts his hand on Mizuki's shoulder. Mizuki gives him a closed eye smile in return before yawning.

"Hey, you should go sleep" Suggests Aang.

"Yeah, I should. Goodnight Aang" Responds Mizuki.

"Goodnight"

❀❀❀

Aang is sleeping on Appa's saddle while clouds build around and ahead of him. Lightning splits the sky and the rumble of the following thunder awakens him. He shoots up and looks around. It starts raining and Aang is sitting on Appa's head, holding the reigns and screaming at the top of his lungs in terror while they go down. Appa and Aang splash into the water of the ocean. Appa resurfaces again, growls, but is quickly subdued by another wave. Both Aang and Appa sink unconscious into the water. As Aang releases the reigns and drifts off, his eyes and tattos suddenly start to glow brightly. He slams his fists together, creating a blue-ish sphere that encases Appa and himself. As the air sphere slowly solidifies into a icy globe, suddenly a voice permeates the dream.

"Aang? Aang! Wake up!" Aang shoots up to see Katara standing in front of him.

"It's okay, we're in the village now! Come on, get ready" Comforts Katara before pointing at the exit of the tent.

"Everyone's waiting to meet you!" Aang happily gets out of bed and starts to dress himself while Katara walks towards the door. Before she exits, however, she glances back at Aang and gasps, staring in wonder at the blue, arrow-shaped tattoos that trace his arms and legs and reach up his back to his head. Before Aang is able to get up, Katara pulls him along by his arm to meet the rest of the village. Aang is dragged out of the tent towards a small group of villagers. He passes Sokka and Mizuki, who are sitting next to a tent. Sokka is sharpening his boomerang while Mizuki watches him curiously.

"Aang, this is the entire village. Entire village, Aang" Says Katara. Aang bows respectfully towards the villagers, but they cower away in fear, bringing a surprised look to Katara and Aang's faces. Sokka just watches from a distance.

"Uh, why are they all looking at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me?" Asks Aang as he starts checking his clothing. An elderly woman steps forward out of the line of villagers.

"Well, no one has seen an airbender in a hundred years. We thought they where extinct, until my granddaughter, grandson and Mizuki found you" Aang looks confused at the woman, does nobody know that Mizuki is an airbender too?

"Extinct?" Says Aang in disbelief. Mizuki realizes that Aang might have been trapped in the iceberg for so long that he doesn't even know about the war. It would explain why the avatar was gone for a hundred years. Mizuki turns around and tugs Sokka's sleeve. Sokka looks down at Mizuki, who's staring at him.