Chapter Three: One Last Time

Friday, June 11th

Taehyung is woken up by the sound of his phone ringing in his ears. He groans and rolls over onto his belly, patting around his bed blindly to locate the intrusive sound. When he finds it, he squints at the screen with one eye to see Namjoon's name and face flashing across it.

"Hey Hyung," he answers as he sits up quickly.

"Hey TaeTae, wanna let us in? We're out the front." Namjoon replies.

Taehyung immediately perks up. He throws his covers off himself and practically leaps out of bed, grabbing his robe and dashing from his room. He runs downstairs and yanks the front door open to reveal Namjoon standing on the other side with a wide grin on his face, his deep dimples showing.

"Hyung!" Taehyung exclaims and throws his arms around Namjoon's neck. Namjoon chuckles and wraps his arms around Taehyung's waist, hugging each other tightly until Taehyung realises they're not alone. "Oh, who's this?" He smiles at the person standing behind them.

Namjoon lets Taehyung go and looks at the person he brought with him. "This, Taehyung, is my fiancé, Jackson." He sends a smile Jackson's way and grabs his hand, giving it a squeeze.

Taehyung's eyes go wide. "Fiancé?" He looks from Namjoon to Jackson and back again.

"Hi," Jackson says in a small, gravelly voice, he smiles and holds his hand up in an awkward wave.

Taehyung stands there looking between the two and Jackson looks nervously at Namjoon before a big boxy grin spreads across Taehyung's face. "Hyung! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He says and then rushes to Jackson to wrap his arms around him in a tight hug. "Hi, it's so nice to meet you. I'm Tae, Namjoon's baby brother. I can't believe he kept you from me for so long." He holds Jackson by the shoulders to really look at him before going back to hugging him. "God, you're so hot. Maybe that's why."

"Um." Jackson is at a loss for words. He awkwardly pats Taehyung on the back.

"Oh, I guess I should've warned you that Tae likes to hug everyone." Namjoon chuckles when Jackson looks at him with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Taehyung steps back, giving Jackson space.

"It's ok. Just didn't know any of Joonie's family would be so welcoming, to be honest. It's nice to meet you though."

"Oh, yeah, it's probably only Appa you'll really have to worry about. He can be an ass sometimes but Eomma will keep him in check. Don't worry, Hyung and I will protect you from him. Not that he'll do anything! He might just say some shitty things to you." Taehyung rambles on and on and Jackson looks at Namjoon again, in shock.

"He talks a lot too," Namjoon says with a wide grin before looking back at Taehyung. "Speaking of Appa and Eomma, are they home?"

"Ah," Taehyung leads them through the house and into the kitchen, filling up the kettle and flicking it on. "Appa is at the main office and Eomma is here, probably out in her garden." Taehyung looks down briefly with a sad look. "She's been spending a lot of time out there since you left. I think it's making her miss Hajoon. She often sits out there and talks to him." Taehyung and Namjoon share a look that leaves Jackson confused.

"Who is Hajoon?" He asks. The brothers look at him and the looks on their faces make him wish he didn't ask.

"Hajoon-" Namjoon starts before being cut off.

"Namjoon?" Their mother's voice sounds when she walks into the kitchen, a shocked look on her face.

"Hi, Eomma," Namjoon says with a nervous smile. They stare at each other for a few moments, the silence becoming tense.