Chapter Five: So This is Married Life, Huh?

Wednesday, June 16th

Yoongi drives the small moving van down an unfamiliar road, following the GPS on his phone. His mother, Hoseok and Max follow close behind them in Soojin's car, packed full of Yoongi's things. Taehyung had offered to have his people bring Yoongi's belongings to their new house, but Yoongi declined, saying that he didn't trust anyone with his music equipment. Jimin sits beside him, sneaking glances at him every now and then. It's starting to get on Yoongi's nerves, even after he turned the radio up to try and distract himself.

"What's up?" He finally asks, turning the radio down.

"Nothing, it's just," Jimin starts, worrying his bottom lip.

Yoongi chuckles, "It's just what? Spit it out."

"I just don't trust Taehyung, ok?" He says frustrated, "He's done nothing but cause you pain."

"Well, he did apologise."

Jimin snorts, "Yeah, but did he actually mean it?"

"Of course he did, why wouldn't he?"

"Because he's an asshole, Hyung, and I wish you weren't moving in with him." Jimin crosses his arms over his chest.

"He's my husband, Jimin, I kinda have to live with him."

"No, you don't. I know plenty of married couples who don't live together."

"Really? Name one." Yoongi cocks an eyebrow when Jimin huffs and looks out the window, pouting.

"I still don't like him and I'll never trust him."

"You don't have to like him, Jimin, just, please don't cause any shit. He was forced to do this too."

'In 1.6km, turn right' the GPS tells them, cutting their conversation short. Yoongi grips the steering wheel tighter as they get closer and closer to his new home. He turns right as the GPS instructed and the sight that comes into view makes Yoongi's breath hitch in his throat.

"Holy shit, Hyung. This is your new house?"

An intricate cast-iron gate leads to a large two-story French-Provincial inspired house. The driveway circles around an island of different plants, some already flowering, and a magnolia tree sits in the middle, pride of place. Yoongi pulls the van up out the front and looks out the window at all the details of his new home. The same cast iron design covers the front door and fences off the two small balconies above. He's too distracted to notice Taehyung emerging from inside, walking down the stairs to greet them.

"Hyung," he says excitedly as Yoongi hops out of the van. "Welcome to our new home!" He throws his arms up.

"This is," Yoongi says wide-eyed, "This place is huge."

"Hmm, it is pretty nice, but it's the smallest house I've lived in," Taehyung replies, looking up at their house.

"Of course it is," Jimin mutters under his breath as he makes his way around the van.

"Hi Jimin," Taehyung greets him happily, waving his hand. Jimin gives him a sarcastic smile and walks over to the others as he rolls his eyes. The smile falls from Taehyung's face for a second before he looks back at Yoongi and his smile reappears. "Well, come on in, I'll show you around."

They walk in through the entrance and Yoongi doesn't know where to look first. A chandelier hangs from the ceiling over a small round black table, which holds a bouquet of flowers in one of the blue and white porcelain jars from the wedding. Light grey and white trimmed walls match the marble floor, and a large painting of a scenery hangs on the wall. The main feature of the room is the double staircase, the banister is the same cast iron design as the door and gate. The marble flooring makes its way up the stairs. They head to the left, into the luxurious living room. Another chandelier hangs from the ceiling and the light grey L-shaped couches look like the most comfortable things Yoongi has ever seen. A black coffee table sits in the middle of the room and a fireplace is on the other side. A large TV hangs above it, framed with what looks like a picture frame. They continue through another door into the kitchen. The white and grey marble counters are shiny and the cabinets are a dark grey to match. There's a large stove on one wall and a sunken sink in the island. It's a dream kitchen for Yoongi and he can't wait to cook in here.