27

Arche tilted his head to the door when he heard footsteps approaching. One was Freya's, who did the other two belong to?

"Daddy!" Freya beamed making him nod. His eyes scanned the figures behind her, so it was the twins.

...Why were their ears being pulled by Freya?

Cinder who was lazing around saw that his owner has arrived. He spent no time rushing over, pouncing on her face. After he finished frolicking with Freya, he sat on her head, letting out a comfortable 'gyuu'.

"They're joining us for breakfast." She explained when she saw her father's puzzled face. At the same time, she released them and gestured to the servants to bring two more sets.

Arche simply knocked the table twice to make it expand. The previous size was perfect for two but a little too small for four.

The servants wasted no time bringing the chairs and food. Everything was done in under three minutes. After what happened at the debutante ball, their hearts were always beating faster around Freya.

The table was round, no matter how much Austin and Alistar wanted to avoid each other, it was impossible.

Freya saw their hesitation and knocked their heads with her knuckles, "Sit."

Their eyes met out of habit before quickly averting away. Freya saw this and chuckled briefly, twins will always be twins.

Arche had no time to care about teenagers' quarrels, he only wanted to have a delightful breakfast with his daughter. Was it that hard?

Freya on the other hand only cared about the food. The soufflé pancake on the table looked enticing. It was fluffy and jiggly. Ah, she can't wait to put it in her mouth!

And so she did. The twin's problem ended in the back of her head, she didn't pay them any heed as she ate away.

Austin wasn't shy and inhaled the pancake along with her. Alistar gave her the fruits on his plate seeing how much she loved them.

After finishing breakfast, Freya gave Arche a peck on the cheeks and pulled the twins away to the library.

There was no need for etiquette when being with them. Freya lay on the couch, occupying the whole thing while the two pitifully sat on the armrest.

"So why did the two of you fight?" She asked while playing with Cinder, not even glancing at them.

The two of them stayed silent, thinking about it made them irritated. Alistar murmured, "He's too stupid."

"That's nothing new." Freya raised her brow.

"Hey! I'm right here." Austin stomped his feet. Her tone was lukewarm as she said, "You think I'm blind? I know."

Austin humped and turned his head away. Freya said nothing but her hand automatically went to caress his head.

Austin couldn't stay mad when she did that, he grumbled silently in his heart, 'That's not fair.'

"That's too vague."

Alistar started explaining what happened as she nodded along. She summarized, "So to put it simply, you were tutoring him but he ran out of patience and wanted to quit. That pissed you off because he was the one who begged you to do it?"

"The same happened when I taught him mathematics," Austin added.

Though Alistar was bad at expressing himself, he does surprisingly well for language. While Austin who was easily mistaken as a fool tended to math and science.