pt 13 "Adam Banks 99"

In detention

"I want you all to write ' I will not quack at the Prinicipal' got it?" Principal Dukings yelled at us.

"How many?" I asked.

" I don't recall saying" she bickered back (see what I did there ;) ).

We all started writing for what seemed like hours. I could feel Jesse throw some of his chalk at me. I don't know if he was being serious and throwing it at me because he was mad or he was doing it as a joke.

But anyway I brushed it off and continued writing I was beside Peter and Charlie. I was about to finish when I heard the door open. I turned around and saw Coach. I nudged Charlie to let him know who was here and we both gave Coach a warming smile which he returned.

"What do you want?" Karp snickered at Coach.

"I want to talk to you guys" coach answered.

"People" Tammy bickered rolling her eyes.

"Oh shut up Tammy we all know what he means" I sassed back earning another eye roll from her which I returned with a smirk and held up my middle finger at her. Eveybody oooh'd and laughed.

"Sit down please. All of you" Coach instructed, I was about to move when I realised no one else was. And I didnt want to prove Peter more that I was the coach's pet.

"Look what's done is done." Coach started walking around the room.
"I want to be your coach again."

"You wanna coach a bunch of losers?" Averman butted in.

"No I want to coach the ducks." Coach replied.

"What about the things you said?" Karp snapped. "You said we didn't deserve to live."

"Karp, I was being sarcastic. Do you know what that means?" He asked.

"NOo" Karp responded sarcastically.

"Okay then you do. I didn't mean those things the way they sounded. You guys know what it's like to be misunderstood right?" Coach explained.

"Yeah, of course. We're kids" Peter said.

"So... Can you forgive me? Can I be your coach again?" Bombay pleaded.

"What about Banks?" Guy asked. Jesse who was beside him instantly turned his head and looked me. I shrugged my shoulders in an instant response which he scoffed back.

"He can be on the team if he wants." Coach replied. "He should have been with us all year. It's you guys who were cheated. But lets forget all that crap! We're a team right?" Coach grinned.

"Yeah" we all exclaimed.

"I made you guys, and I'm sticking with you."  He said looking over to Charlie and smiling.

"So, what's it gonna be? "coach started clapping his hands. " we can play tomorrow night and still have a shot at the play-offs... or we can forfeit again and the seasons over. Peter what do you say?" Coach quizzed.

" well... I guess it would help if we practiced first."  Peter chirped.

"Alright. Let me see if I can get you out of detention."

"Yes." I gushed running over to Connie and giving her a high five I turned to Jesse and gave him a hug which he returned slowly.

"You really quacked at the principal?" Coach questioned smirking.

"Y/n started it" Guy exclaimed smiling at me.

"Really y/l/n" Coach grinned.

"Maybe" I chuckled back.