Chapter 47

"No."

Cale firmly refused the offer. His lips were tugged upwards however his brown eyes revealed nothing.

"I beg you, let's just save Litana and that's it, I'll tell you everything I know about Arthur and his organization!" Adal pleaded with her hands clasped together as if she was praying to a god.

Behind her was Lerk who was scratching his neck as Cale threw him deadly looks. He knew the moment he had finished blabbering about the red haired and his skills, he was going to die.

"Cale-nim is strong! I couldn't believe if with my own eyes when he pushed me back and used giant blocks of ice out of nowhere! He also flew from what Young Lady Amiru said!"

Cale heaved out a sigh at the pitiful woman. It was strange, as if he was seeing Beacrox begging for a salary increase.

His eyes landed back on Adal then to the dragger attached to the wall. Of course, nothing is free in this world.

"It's not called Path of No Return without a reason? Do you trust me that much, a stranger you just met?" Cale tried to sound as weak as possible. Well, he wasn't sure if he really could find his way out of there, but with his Ancient Powers, he could just fly up in the sky and save himself.

"If my father and brother served you for that long, it must've mean that you're someone worth serving." A benign some flashed across her lips.

'Sure, tell them that and ask those idiots why they ran away with the black haired punk.' He thought bitterly before clicking his tongue inwardly.

– You really do wanna die, do you?

Abby started to nag him again. Cale was sure he was still not in his best state, but that doesn't mean that he's already weak. The Vitality of the Heart has been working hard and doing his job properly, so there wasn't much to worry about.

After a moment of silence Cale have decided,

"... I will help,"

"Really?!" Adal cheered and grabbed the red hair's hands in excitement.

"However, I'll take that dagger as a payment." Cale eyes landed on the dagger plastered on the wall. He wasn't sure why, but his eyes kept dragging itself back there.

With his Ice Ancient Power, he could have just made a copy of the weapon, however it would easily be shattered into pieces when it clashes with a sword. Cale thought of the scenario when Lerk broke his ice sword in one slash. It was concerning.

Adal glanced at the location the red haired was looking at. It was the dagger she made.

Her eyebrow rose up in curiosity. "Are you sure about that? There's a reason why it's up there and not put into use?"

Cale blankly stared at her as if to tell that he doesn't care. With pursed lips, Adal motioned to Lerk to grab the weapon.

"It's the first dagger I've ever made, as you know, father is a assassin, whilst my mother uses sword." Adal paused as Lerk handed the dagger. "If you're wondering why I haven't contacted them yet after all these years–" a bitter smile spread across her lips, "–I've always hated both of them. They left me and mother behind. I suffered numerous tortures and..." Adal looked up as if to stop a tear falling out of her eyes. Cale shifted his position as he find the situation awkward, he's not used when people open up to him. "If Arthur finds me again and learns about both of them, they surely will be dead."

Cale nodded to say he understood. His eyes flickered towards the dagger on Adal's hand awkwardly.

However, as soon as he did, he saw a familiar name scribbled on the wooden handle. His hands automatically grabbed it out of Adal's hand with force. Adal flinched and watched the red haired's eyes shook in confusion... and anger?

"Jour?" He said out loud.

Cale traced his finger tips along the dagger with trembling hands. It was the name of his dead mother. Cale's trembling eyes stared at Adal's black orbs. She was confused as well.

"She's the person I met on the Arena. Like me, she was caught by Arthur and was being sold if she couldn't win 10 rounds in 15 battles. She has red hair like you and bright green eyes."

Cale's body shoot up and grabbed Adal's shoulders, his grip tighten and a freezing sensation crept out of his palms making Adal on her seat. The burning cold made her glare at Cale in confusion.

"WHAT THE HELL?"

"CALE-NIM?!"

Lerk stepped forward, his hand automatically touching his scabbard in wariness.

Adal's hand shoot up to tell Lerk to back off. The man bit his lip in understanding but kept his hand in his sword, ready to clash another battle with the red haired.

"Jour... Tell me what happened with the Arena thing." His chilly voice sent chills to Lerk and Adal's back, it felt like an order from a dragon as a terrifying aura was coming out of the red haired.

Adal nodded immediately as she felt like if she didn't, she's going to end up freezing to death.

– Cale, stop torturing the poor child!

Abby's voice brought Cale back to reality. He heaved out a white puff of air and sat down while massaging his temples.

"Tell me... what you know about my mother."

Adal's eyes widen. Her mouth opened and closed as if she wasn't sure what to say.

Cale looked up with tired and frustrated eyes urging Adal to speak.

She gulped loudly before turning to Lerk. "Prepare cookies and tea, Lerk."

The man bowed slowly and left the room cautiously and shooting concerning looks at Cale and Adal.

As the man left, Adal offered a hand at the red haired. It was trembling in fright but she kept a focussed face and voice.

"Adaliah," Cale took the hand with confusion. "Call me Adaliah, it's better to start with a proper introductions before telling you some information, but in exchange of this, promise me to save Litana."

Cale nodded slowly, of course nothing really is free in this world.

"Cale Henituse." He then let go of the hand and grabbed the dagger. His finger tips traced across the familiar name he thought he'd never see again.

His mind was in chaos as he wondered the connection of Adal to his mother and Arthur. He felt like his head was about to split and his heart burst out of his chest.

Lerk entered the room silently then placed a tray down on the table beside Cale's bed, the tray consisted of a automatic tea and choco chip cookie.

Cale grabbed a cookie to try to calm himself. It was surprisingly delicious.

Adal took a few breaths before focussing on Cale.

Her trembling hands clutched together as she was using them for support. She wasn't sure what to tell him first.

"Your mother ran away from the Arena with Arthur's treasure."