47.

Vidyut had never been a believer of destiny or fate until he met Gayatri. He didn't know it was possible to love someone to an extent to which he loved Gayatri.

In the past month he had spent in Magadh and known Gayatri, he had fallen in love deeper with every passing day. Fallen deeper and deeper for her innocence and childish attitude towards life.

"I plan on asking your father."

"For what ? My baba is stingy, don't expect him to give you anything of his."
Gayatri joked.

"Well I hope he does." Vidyut sighed as they watched the sun set from the temple top.

"What are you going to ask him for though ?" She asked looking at him.

"You." He said meeting her soft gaze which looked confused, still.
"I want to marry you Gayatri." He said shaking his head.

"Me ?" She said jumping from here seat. "Why do you want to marry me ? I'm me."

"I want to marry you because, because I love you if that was not clear to you yet." Vidyut replied.
"I don't think I'm going to be able to live my life without you anymore, I don't know how I've lived without you so far, I want you in front of me always Gayatri, mai jaha dekhu mujhe sirf tum dikho." He said with a chuckle. (Wherever I see, I want to see you.) (sheesh mahal inscription)

"Very bold of you to assume that I want to marry you." Gayatri said narrowing her eyes at Vidyut. "You are a king but I too have my free will to decide if I -."

"Do you not want to marry me Gayatri ?"

"I do, of course I do, who wouldn't want to marry you Vidyut but you should have asked me before making plan's about asking my father."

"I'm sorry Gayatri I will ask you about everything henceforth, you are my other half, my better half, my soul mate." Vidyut replied making Gayatri blush.

•••

A few days past a month, Vidyut had decided it was time to talk to the Magadhi king for his daughter's hand in marriage.

Sitting with the king in his court, Vidyut agreed to the list of terms and conditions the king had kept to agree upon for execution of the peace treaty.

"I would like to add another clause, an important one." He said looking at Vidyut.

"What would that be now ?" Vidyut asked at the brink of losing his cool.

"Marriage." The king said. "It will make sure you don't back stab me in the future."

"What do you mean."

"You'll have to marry my daughter." Said the king.

Vidyut who had agreed to all his conditions without negotiating keeping in mind of presenting the same request seemed to have been blessed by the gods himself.

"Marry your .. your daughter ga-."

"Yes. Marry my daughter or no deal takes place."

"I .. I agree." Vidyut replied.
Destiny indeed, Gayatri was his destiny.

•••

The kingdom of Magadh had been decorated like a queen, the word of the Awadhi king marrying their princess had been spread.

Celebrations were in action.

Vidyut hadn't seen or met Gayatri since then, it's like Gayatri had avoided coming in site, was she shy now that their marriage had been fixed or was it a ritual she was following.