11 || Peepaw Willie

A/N: AAAA just finished watching Encanto
Dolores and Luisa are my wives now <3
And Bruno is just *chef's kiss*

Am using they/them for Vanny in the first half and will transition to she/her at some point.
Still not gonna proofread <33

~

12:30 AM

On a tropical island
Underneath the molten lava moon
Hangin' with the hula dancers
Askin' questions 'cuz they got all the answers

You skipped out of the daycare after scattering bite-sized snickers when you made sure the moon animatronic wasn't around the area.

Putting on lotion
Sitting by the ocean
Rubbing it on my body
Rubbing it on my bo-

"Where were you." a familiar voice demanded.

You turned around to see the moon standing behind you with their arms crossed.

"Huehue, you look like an angry parent who found out their child snuck out." They let out an annoyed huff.

"Aww, did you miss me, Moony?" They stared at you for a moment before they started walking away.

. . .

"WAIT DID YOU ACTUALLY MISS ME?!" you chased after the animatronic with a surprised grin on your face.

"Sooo, how was your night with Dave?"

"He's annoying but not as much as you."

"I'm not sure if I should be upset or honored..."

"By any chance... did you have canned corn yesterday?"

"I did but I think I lost it," you said with a disappointed tone in your voice.

"Of course you would have canned corn with you..." they muttered. They took something out of their hat and handed it to you.

"!!!"

"YOOO, YOU KEPT IT?! THANKS, MOONY!!" you opened the canned corn and started drinking the juice.

"Ew."

"Hey man, you don't understand how amazing this shit is."

The sound of bells jingling filled the silence between you two.

"Hey Moony, I've been meaning to ask you, what's with the bells around your body?" The animatronic shot you a quick glance before replying.

"It's to allow the blind children to know my whereabouts." They stopped walking when they felt a small tug on their arm. They turned to see you looking up at them with stars in your eyes.

"Duuude, you became like... 20% cooler!" this caught the animatronic by surprise. They never thought of themselves as 'cool'.

You saw something from the corner of your eye. From what you could see, it was white, had big ears, and red eyes.

...

...

'HOLD UP-'

You realized it was the rat from before that climbed into the vents.

"RAT! THERE'S A RAT! ARE YOU SEEING THIS SHIT, MOONY?!"

"What are you-" Before they could finish, you ran after the supposed rat, leaving Moondrop standing there.

You followed them to Roxy Raceway and into a red door.

They were way faster and there was a big distance between you two.