my-log: video call

today i will be posting two chapters! after this one, keep scrolling!

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HER!" Niki storms into their house and kicks his shoes off, the other boys following behind him a little less aggressively.

"Niki, you really shouldn't be upset. If she doesn't want to talk about it-" Jungwon tries to calm his friend down but it's no use. Niki swings open the fridge angrily and speaks over his leader.

"It's not even that! She says that she doesn't consider us her friends! What the hell!? She's lucky we even talk to her though she's just a staff!!-"

"Alright man, let's chill out." Jake holds Niki gently by the shoulders and shakes him. "We get why you're upset...I'm actually shocked that she said that too."

"Yeah I mean...She seemed to enjoy being around us." Heeseung murmurs, taking a seat at the kitchen table. "I wonder what went wrong."

They all went quiet, the tension in the room heavy. A few moments go by, when Sunghoon suddenly leaves the room. He returns with a laptop, and sits down at the kitchen table. "...What are you doing?" Sunoo asks, peering over his friends shoulder to watch him type.

"If we're going to sulk around and be upset with y/n, we may as well get answers first before we jump to conclusions."

All of the guys crowd around Sunghoon, watching him pull up messages on his laptop. He clicked a certain name to video call and let the line ring.

"No way you're calling her little brother!" Jake gasps.

"He's our only option. He'll tell us what we want to know."

"This feels like we're abusing our power. Of course he'll tell us what we want to know." Jay laughs nervously. Just as he says that, the call is answered and a young boy is revealed. He's sitting in his bed with an IV in his arm and oxygen running into his nose through a tube. He's excited, his pale face bright and his dark big eyes sparkling with glee.

"OH MY GOD!? You guys are calling me!!!??"

"Hi Geun!!!!" They all wave happily.

"Glad to see you look well!!" Sunoo smiles, and it looks like Geun might faint.

"How are you??" Jungwon asks.

"I'm doing good!! I just got done with a few tests. They say I'm in good shape!!"

"That's awesome, man!" Jake gives a thumbs up.

Geun gives one back, but his smiles seems to slowly fade.

"Wait...Where is y/n? Is she with you?"

He watched their faces drop. They started to look away, avoiding eye contact.

"O.M.G. is she dead??!-"

"NOOO OH MY GOD NO!!" They all panicked.

"Oh. Okay that's good!!...Then, where is she?"

"...She's...mad at us." Niki grumbles under his breath.

"What? How come? Did you guys do something to make her upset?"

"It's because Niki wanted to know about her past but kept pushing it." Jungwon glares at his friend, Niki choking with pink cheeks.

"Oh I see...What specifically did you ask her about?"

"...Her parents...And what she meant by something burning when she was hallucinating that one night."

They watch Geun twitch. It seemed that the topic wasn't as sensitive for him as it was for his sister, but it was still touchy.

"Oh...Yeah I can see why she's mad at you guys for asking that...She...She's had it pretty bad."

"...Geun, do you think you could maybe tell us what she won't?" Heeseung sits down next to Sunghoon and leans in to the camera. "I know it would be rude of us to ask you that, especially because we'd be going against y/n and disrespecting her wishes to keep her past a secret, but we really want to know how we can help her. We care about her. She's young and clearly going through something...We want to know what."

Geun's eyes sparkle, and his mouth twists up.

"Ahhh, you're so caring, Heeseung!! Of course I'll tell you! I'll tell you everything!"

That was easy. They all thought blankly.

"Since I don't see my sister as much anymore, I get worried about her...I trust you guys to look after her. So if that means learning about her to help break down the barrier she's put up, then so be it...

Y/n hates our parents."

"