Chapter 26 - choice in the making?

" he wants you to do what? " Stephanie asked surprised

" you heard me " I said and sat down.

When I left I practically sped back here to the motel to give the news.

" is it something you want to do? " diana asked.

" there are some pros and cons to to it " i said looking at the time.

" yeah the pro is you'll have a huge reputation, guards, more money, power, and you'll get to tell people what to do. " diana said and it did sound tempting.

" true but the cons are rivals, exposure, and- " I stopped my sentence because I honestly forgot what I was going to say.

" so what mafia does he want you to run? " Stephanie asked.

" the Belgian mafia but i'd have to move to Belgium because we can't have two mafias in the same place and plus that's where it is. " I said and took in a breath.

" what if it's not real? this person could be baiting me.. " I said.

Me.. running a Mafia? That's crazy.

" did he seem like he knew you? " Stephanie asked.

" slightly " I said and looked at the girls.

" I don't want them hurt " I said seriously.

" and they won't be " Stephanie said and Diana agreed.

" well I have 11 and a half hours to decide " i said laying down and stared at the celling.

" and we'll support whatever you choose " diana said and i held a thumbs up.

When you get in the mafia you can't really get out.. and besides I don't want to expose the girls to danger.

" I ordered some pepperoni pizza and boneless wings from dominos " Stephanie said and I closed my eyes for a quick second.

" are you okay? " diana asked.

" of course I am " I said and my phone went off.

I quickly looked at it and saw it was Henry.

Henry:
Are you guys okay?

Me:
We're fine, are you?

Henry:
I'm good.. and i'm about to get on the plane.