Chapter Twenty-three

Sam Lewis🥴

I paced back and forth in the room, trying to get that bit wrapped around my head. I had Finance and Economics class with Connor this morning and whether he's started taking a liking to me or is just being nice, I can't tell...He actually reserved a seat for me and smiled at me today.

  You see? Me too I don't get it.

Throughout the class, I could feel his gaze and when I turned to stare at him,he smirks smugly.

My instincts told me he's got something up his sleeves but what?

Hold on, lemme  replay the conversation he had with me after the class. Are you ready?

  Flashback ⚡

"Yo Sam, wassup?"Connor grinned, sticking his fist out.

Hiding my utter surprise, I connected my fist to his,"I'm alive and all. You?"

   "Cool, cool."he was still grinning much to my confusion."So I was just wondering, would you be free on Friday night?"

"I... can't tell but what if I was?"I raised a brow.

Why was his teeth still on display? Was this the real Connor or someone tryna act like him but failing nonetheless?

  "Oh,"he clasped his hands together,"I just wanted to invite you to the party my guys and I will be hosting at Swagger House."

This. Is. Strange.

  "So... what do you say?"I realized Connor was still waiting for my reply as he tapped his foot rhythmically.

"Um, I–okay... I'll see."

   "Right,"he walked past me, intentionally brushing his hand against mine ."See you there."

I stood frozen to my spot for a while, replaying the whole thing in my head.

End of flashback***

That was it guys, are you feeling what I'm feeling?

Isn't it kind of... weird?

Of all people why would he choose to invite me?

And then again, remember he somehow threatened to make me his prey. Was this, part of the prey trap?

I gnawed at my finger nails, plopping down on the small sofa pushed up to the wall.

It won't be long before the intercom lady will announce the gathering. By the Catholic calendar, today was a sacred Wednesday and a Mass day as well. All classes from 12:00 p.m. downwards will be cancelled thus.

The door to the room burst open all of a sudden, the noisy boys filing in. I quickly recovered from my initial jump out of skin and gave them all an annoyed look.

"Can we like, adopt something as knocking before opening the damn door?"

"Mmm,"Samuel pretended to ponder over,"nay buddy. Come to think of it guys, after the holy mass,no classes. We'll be free throughout the day!"

Jordan sat beside me, throwing his arm around me but rested it on the sofa.

"That's no news."

"It is news if you let me end,"Samuel raised his brow and flipped an imaginary long hair.

"Can someone tell Christopher here to put that phone aside and listen to my trash?"

"Good you're aware you speak trash."Chris said still typing away on his phone with a smirk.