Bad Boy Love~ Part 39

*CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT*

Maya's Mother's P.O.V.

I walk over to my husband.

Ex.

Ex husband.

"Hi," the word comes out awkward and forced.

His smile spreads across his face. "It's been a long time." He hesitates, not knowing weather to hug me or not. I settle for a light handshake before pulling away. He helps me into my seat before taking the one in front of me.

"So," I nervously tap my nails. Where do I begin? I have so many questions. "You look good, you really do."

He smiles, "I can say the same to you. How is Maya?"

I can feel my eyes get cold. "She found out about us."

"You didn't tell her?"

"Of course not. She would have never let me leave. She-" I stop myself. Saying 'she despises you' is a bit harsh... "She is a little in the dark about everything. She doesn't trust you."

"I miss her," he says. "I want to see her."

"I don't think that's a good idea." I remark before asking the woman for a black coffee in the best native tongue I can manage.

He smirks at my miserable attempt at Mandarin.

That smirk.

The smirk that he gave me on the night we met, telling me he had never seen anyone like me. The smirk that ruined my life but made it at the same time.

I feel my eyes swim, but I blink it all away.

"Merry Christmas," he says while sliding a small silver box over to me.

"Oh! You really didn't have-"

"I wanted to," he says. "Open it."

I stare at the small box with a fragile bow wrapped around it.

I can't do this. Seeing my husband. The man I loved. The man I still love. I shouldn't be seeing him. He left us. He left us.

"I can't do this," I stand and try to hide the tears. I throw some currency onto the table and walk out the door, leaving my lost love and the small box behind me.

...

Maya's P.O.V.

I went to Katie's house and gave her her presents. I didn't want to intrude for long, so I quickly left.

I need time to think. About everything.

I put my car into drive and go. Driving anywhere. Trying to find any place I can go to hide. To forget my worries. To figure out what I'm doing.

I drive until I find myself in front of my house. The house I lived in, and will continue to live in once my mother returns. I pull into the drive way and stare at it. My house. I want to go back. Back to when my mom didn't want my dad back. Back to when I didn't have Ryan cheating on me. Back to when Jake Groom was out of my life.

Just back.

There is no point in trying to go inside. My mom took my keys. She probably knew I would find out. She probably knew that I would get involved with Jake. She probably knew I would want to hide in my old closet. With my bed. My couch. My pillows. My carpet. Mine. I just want to go back to when things were mine.

To when my heart belonged to me and not some ass boy.

I close my eyes and hit my head against the head rest of my seat. Why is life so complicated already? I'm supposed to be having fun at this age, not wanting to cry.