Chapter 18

I ran behind her trying to stop her but she didn't hear a bit and kept walking. Before I could stop her she already took a cab back home. I hurried and took my car and followed her back home. I was in a hurry and I never realised when my car went rammed into a heavy duty vehicle.

My car toppled and I couldn't understand anything...At a point my car stopped and all I could feel was immense pain and oozing blood...Darkness engulfed me.

'Pulse rate is good...BP is also normal...but keep monitoring him!' My head felt like a bloody rock concert...My muscles felt sore...I looked around and noticed I was in a blue and white room with a lot of monitors and wires connected to my body.

'How are you feeling now Mr Prabhu' the man who was writing something on a file while talking to the nurse next to him asked me. He probably was a doctor.

'I feel tired...My head is aching!!!' I tried to get up...

'Dont don't... please lie down...you had a terrible accident...you have 5 stitches in your head...a broken arm...a broken leg...2 broken rib bones...and right now you are in ICU... otherwise everything else is fine!!!' the middle aged brown haired doctor said with a smile...

I closed my eyes for a brief minute and then I realised about Shilpa!!!
Damn I need to talk to her...

'Doctor can you please give me your phone please...I need to talk to someone'

'Mr Prabhu you are in an ICU...you should rest...'

'Doctor this is urgent...if I won't call she will leave me...I really need to make this call please!!!'

'Look Mister Prabhu...you have to understand we have a few protocols...If you have to make a call I can ask your guardian to make that call but you have to rest...'

'Guardian??? Oh ok...ok...sure...' and when I was expecting Rab aunty here instead I'm shocked to see Shilpa!!!

She stands there with a tired face. There are dark circles under her eyes..in a simple black tshirt and pajamas her hair tied in a bun...she looks weak...she keeps looking at me with a painful expression.

'Dr Nayak!!! Mr Prabhu wanted to make a call to someone...as you are his guardian...can you please help him' the doctor who was treating me tells her. She gives a curt nod and looks at me.

I keep staring at her and say...
'I dont need anyone else doctor...The one I need is infront of my eyes!!! I don't need anyone else!!!' I say and Shilpa's eyes look elsewhere. There is pain in her eyes she is hiding it.

'Can I talk to her for a minute or two?' I ask the doctor...

But before doctor says a yes Shilpa says a No!!!

I look at her with a questionable expression...
'I mean....he....he must rest doctor... he's back to his conscious after 48 hours...he needs rest!!!' she says and doctor agrees to her.

'Take rest Naman!' saying she was about to leave when I quickly ask...

'You....you won't leave right????' my heart is beating real hard right now when doctor probably notices fluctuations in my pulse and BP levels and says....

'You must relax Mr Prabhu...calm down please'

Shilpa quickly monitors the machine along with the doctor and discusses something with him and while leaving she says...

'I don't run away Naman...I believe in proper closure!!!' saying she leaves without even turning back. I lie there on the bed shutting my eyes tightly. As a few drops of tears fall from the corner of my eyes...