𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12: 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒐

a/n: now im not saying I fell off the face of the earth- but that's exactly what I'm saying sorry for being ia for months but the end of the book is near so I hope you enjoy these last few chapters :)

The next video started and the family stared up at the screen as they watched Mirabel following a trail of rats holding the broken pieces of the vision before they went behind the painting. 

"Are those your rats? What are they doing behind the painting?" Pepa asked Bruno who gave a nervous look before replying "I have no idea."

They watched Mirabel crouch down by the painting before opening it as if it were a door leading to a dark pathway in the walls. On the inside, they saw as the walls cracked before a rat with a vision piece went towards the darkness until only the glow the vision was seen.

The vision went up before lightning flashed and they saw a glimpse of Bruno in his hood holding the broken vision with a rat along his back. 

From the sudden shock, the Madrigals all let out small gasps and screams before looking towards Bruno wanting answers but were stopped as the video started again.

In another flash of lightning, Bruno was gone from the screen.

The music picked up and they watched as Mirabel chased Bruno. Anticipation grew in the room along with slight worry as they were in a narrow hallway in the walls while casita was cracking. They made it to the scene where Bruno climbed up the wooden beams and most of the Madrigals stared in awe while some had slight looks of worry shown

"Woah Tio I didn't know you could do that! Those are some sick moves!" Camilo said smiling towards his Tio in absolute awe and admiration. He was followed by Antonio who shared the same look as him.

"Yeah, that was so cool! Can you teach us?" Before he could answer he looked and saw Pepa giving a stern glare.

"Uhm I'll think about it" Bruno nervously replied while getting glared at by his Hermana 

The video continued along with the chase before the camera quickly switched to a panicked Pepa with Camilo trying to calm her down before a bang from the other side of the wall caused by Mirabel led to Camilo getting struck by lightning causing a series of unfortunate events as he shapeshifted.

"Ouch, that's got to have hurt," Camilo said wincing as he stared at what happened to him.

"Oh, Mijo I'm so sorry about that!" Pepa said while hugging her son and apologizing profusely. 

"Mama it's fine but can you please let me go...I can't breathe." Camilo said before Pepa let him go apologizing again. 

The screen goes back to the chase and they see Mirabel getting closer to Bruno until they reached a pit which he skillfully made across while Mirabel, on the other hand, stopped to avoid falling into the pit.

They see as Mirabel contemplates her next move until she decides to try and copy Bruno. 

"Mirabel be careful!" Julieta exclaimed slightly worried about what might happen. She watched intently to see she made it across okay but unfortunately, the floor broke off and Mirabel was grabbing onto a pipe holding on for dear life.

The others could only watch in worry as they heard Mirabel yelling for help before her grasp on the pipe fell and she began to fall

"MIRABEL!" multiple voices screamed before relaxing as they saw Bruno grab her hand in time.