Omegas

...

The event was held outdoors, and my lake sides for simply many reasons.

Reason one being for ceremonial purposes they needed to be in the nature to perform these annual activities.

Reason number two, the older generations used to do it and now it was inherited generation after generation, and to be passed by to others in the future.

The activities consisted more on alphas and betas bowing down to the full heavy yellow moon, as the organiser of the ritual throws ashes of the 'sun' in the lake. Later on, the new omegas and Lunas of all the packs if the lands get inside the water till the water reaches their hearts and send prayers to the Lunar goddess.

It all takes less than half an hour to finish and after that they will all retreat to their cabins or spend a little time by the bone-fires that were currently being lit up.

Louis and Harry watch as the atmosphere changes, the lights slowly die down and the bone-fires and candles lighten the place with the warm fire colour.

This is the first year Louis attends, so Harry tries to explain to him every single detail in a little time. Louis nods in understanding.

The scene where the alphas and betas would stand on their knees has been covered with a green carpet, and the way inside the lake for the New omegas and Lunas has been lit by candles and covered in a soft petal field.

The money people pay for these rituals to organise was probably crazy. Louis knew the traditional way was probably more comfortable to proceed.

For a second he looked down...Harry noticed it and placed a hand on his back.-"You okay Lou?"

"Yeah. Just, a bit dizzy from the dancing thats all."-He said forcing a smile.

Zayn and Niall caught his eye on the other side of the area, the two of them having started a conversation with Liam and an old friend from collage.

Louis smiled. Hadn't seen his college friends in a while. He tried catching the attention and when he did, he gave his old friend a middle finger.

The friend laughed and showed him one back.

Harry watched as Louis casually had a understanding with the person on the other side of the pitch.-"You know him?"

"My old friend from collage. He's now apart of my business board, Tom Holland is his name. I think his mate is somewhere around here. Haven't seen them in so long."-Louis said trying to spot her on the crowd.

Harry smiled.-"He seems chill."

"He's a fine dude. A bit dumb, but he's a gentleman after all."-Louis described him.

Harry and Louis followed as the crowd moved to the green carpet, in front of the lake. The surface was smooth, lighted by the strong moonlight. Harry fell on one knee and nudged Louis to do the same.

Louis didn't get the clue.-"What?"

"You need to get down on one knee. All alphas and betas have too."

Louis pressed his lips on a thin line. He was a Luna for gods sake! He wasn't going to bow down, this was a ceremony about him too...He felt his inside puzzle, he wasn't himself anymore, this all pretentious acting has made him forgot who he is. He hated himself for doing this...for not walking down the petal aisle like very other New omega and New Luna, stealing the spotlight from all of them with his wonderful looks, and his graceful body.

He noticed as many from the crowd, mostly omegas that didn't participate at the ceremony stood up. He decided to do the same.

"I'll just stand. I'm not any of the genders that participate, so I'll just stand aside."-Louis mumbled his heart shattering with each word he spoke.