Chapter 18: Friend

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

We instantly pull away from each other when we hear somebody gasp behind us. I turn around meeting Kayla's stunned face.

I clear my throat, staring at the wall next to me. Kayla chuckles and pretends to zip her mouth before giving me a thumbs-up, walking away from the kitchen.

I turn my head to look at Silas, an embarrassing smile on my face, "I should probably go after her," I point towards the door and shortly dip out of the kitchen.

I put my hand over my racing heart, "Holy mother of gods," I breathe. I search for Kayla and find her smirking on the couch in the living room.

"What did I tell you," She smirks, admiring her nails. "Where are my brothers?" I instantly ask, praying that they didn't see anything.

It would be awkward if they did.

"They're in the backyard, I was looking for you but I guess you were too busy." She snickers while wiggling her eyebrows.

"When is the marriage planned?" She taunts. I chuckled shaking my head at her, "I don't even know if that kiss meant anything to him." I add making Kayla raise her eyebrows.

I mean have you read books? The man lead always goes like it was a mistake.

Kayla stands up from the couch, lifting her shoulders, "You'll have to talk to him to find out,"

How do people talk to each other after they kissed?

Uncomfortable if you ask me.

"Do you want to sleep over again?" I change the subject and she nods, "It's not like I have parents who care if I go home or not." She answers and I give her a regretful smile.

Kayla's parents are not friendly. They are to me but that's probably because they're frightened of my family.

Her parents are drunkards, they drink every time they get the opportunity. I still recall that one night when Kayla phoned me in the middle of the night, sobbing.

She was begging me to come and pick her up because her parents were drunk again. So I showed up at her house and fucking shouted at her parents, they just stood there mute.

She goes home now and then but I rather want her to stay at my house, it's much safer for her. Especially since we have a lot of spare rooms, she can practically move in here.

I'm going to persuade her to move in with us, or I'll just threaten her - that works usually.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me," Kayla smiles and walks off. I sigh and make my way towards the backyard.