Nineteen

My skin was sticky from the late afternoon sun as I returned to my room. 

I could smell the faint scent of sweat and grass on me. I looked at myself in the mirror, a few strands of my hair clung to my face. I huffed, feeling uncomfortably dirty. Even my nails had small bits of dirt wedged between them.

I walked over to my wardrobe to grab a clean dress, deciding an afternoon bath wouldn't hurt. I stared at my mother's purple-blue dress for a moment, wanting to grab it, smell it, to ravish in the scent of my old life. But I decided against it, pushing those feelings aside. I shut the wardrobe and walked out of my bedroom. 

The bathhouse was quiet and still, much like it always was. I flipped the vacant sign on the outside of the door so nobody would come in. Olesia always reassured me that the castle respected privacy, and I believed her because no one had dared to enter when I was in here before.

I put my clean clothes on a nearby bench, reaching my arms up to discard my dirty dress. My tattoo tingled as the steam from the air hit my skin.

I slipped out of my undergarments and made my way to the steps of the bath. My toe dipped into the warm water, sending a chill through my body. I stepped in, submerging myself completely. 

I swam around, letting the warm water relax my muscles, letting all the worries in my mind wash away. This will be one place I miss when I leave here. 

As I floated on my back I stared up at the fogged skylight. My hair lightly danced around me in the water, tickling my skin as the wispy ends brushed against me. I rolled in the water, swimming over to the basket of soaps. 

I summoned my magic for a split moment, trying to feel around the water with it. Commanding water was difficult and slippery. I couldn't figure out how to grasp it, weald it. I recalled my magic, feeling it settle back into my bones

I grabbed a few bars of soap, deciding on which one to use. I picked a scent that reminded me of fresh roses, using it to lather myself in the water.

But as my hands pushed the soap against my skin, I heard the sound of the door open. I gasped, dropping the soap in the water as my hands quickly shot up to cover myself. My body pushed itself further in the water so that only my head was visible.

Harry walked into the room, clothing draped across his bare shoulder. He looked the same as he did moments ago when I left him outside with Evander. His eyes immediately went to me as he shut the door behind him and walked over to the bench. 

"Get out," I hissed, turning myself away from him. 

Harry ignored me, dropping his items beside mine. I gasped again when I saw his hands reach to the button of his pants. I turned my head so that I couldn't see him, pushing myself against the wall. 

"What are you doing?!" 

"Bathing," Harry replied, his voice echoing throughout the room. 

"But I'm in here," I said, trying to suggest that he shouldn't bathe at the same time as me. This is my worst nightmare come true. My hands clung to my skin, trying to cover myself as much as possible. Being naked with Harry was the last thing I wanted to experience.

"Don't worry, I won't look," he said almost teasing. I felt the water move, hearing him groan as he stepped in. 

I craned my head, watching him submerge himself underwater. He came to the surface, flicking his hair out of his face as he stood. His bare chest glistened with drops of water, his tattooed arm raising to run fingers through his hair. 

He blinked, his eyelashes heavy with water. He looked at me, a small smirk playing on his face. "It seems me looking won't be the problem."

My face heated as I turned away.