Chapter 266: The Birthday Party!

Time flew. In the blink of an eye, it was time for Mrs. Hunt’s birthday party.

The Hunt manor’s gates were wide open. All sorts of things were being delivered to the manor even before dawn. All the servants were terribly busy, and the entire manor was up to their ears in work.

It had been a very long time since the Hunts last held such a big party, so everyone was busy at work.

Even Chester, the game addict, had been dragged back home as an extra pair of hands. He stood there and directed everyone in the kitchen in their work. He happened to see Justin walking out with Cherry when he turned. He went after them at once and asked, “Where are you going, Justin?”

Justin glanced at him, the beauty mark at the corner of his eye gleaming with a chilly shine. “Do I have to report my itinerary to you?”

Chester shrank back. “Of course not.”

He looked at Cherry curiously. “Where are you guys going, Pete?”

“To Mommy’s!” Cherry replied.

Chester looked at the two boxes in Justin’s hands. “What are you guys delivering?”

“A dress, of course!”

Chester: “?”

Had the Andersons become so poor that they couldn’t even afford a dress for Nora?

Elsewhere, Yvonne looked at herself in the mirror.

Her blue gown set off her porcelain-like skin, making her look very beautiful.

When she came down the stairs, Warren complimented her. “You look great today, Yvonne!”

Yvonne smiled at him but said nothing.

Warren went over to her and said, “How is it? I’ve already asked around for you—Justin is wearing blue today, so you two can wear matching outfits now!”

At the mention of blue outfits, Yvonne hesitated for a while and then said, “I heard that Gucci has an haute couture handmade gown called the Blue Enchantress. It’s a finished product made by a famous designer. That gown…”

Warren waved and said, “Tsk, I’ve already been there to borrow the gown, but they didn’t give it to me. A gown like that is the brand’s signature item and a treasure; there’s no way they’ll lend it to anyone. The blue gown that you’re wearing is also very famous. It only loses out to that one by a little.”

Yvonne uttered an “oh”.

Wasn’t it all because Warren’s status wasn’t high enough that he hadn’t managed to borrow it? Had Joel been the one to ask, they would definitely have lent it to her. What a shame!

“Where’s Joel?” she asked.

Warren shook his head. “I don’t know, he only told us to set off from home. Seems like he’s visiting Uncle Ian before he goes over.”

It was only when he mentioned Ian, that Yvonne suddenly realized that because of the party, it had been quite a few days since she went to the hospital to visit him, so she didn’t know how her father was doing.

1

Brandon took after Warren, and both of them were very simple-minded and innocent. Therefore, Warren didn’t notice her displeasure. He and Yvonne stopped talking when they reached the cars, and they got into their respective cars.

As soon as he got in the car, Warren’s wife remarked, “Why do I feel like Yvonne isn’t very happy that you didn’t manage to borrow the Blue Enchantress for her?”