Chapter 269: The Official Announcement Is Coming

All the birthday gifts had to be registered, lest the host couldn’t tell who gave what in the end.

All those who wanted to take the grand birthday party’s opportunity to curry favor with the Hunts had already sent a lot of valuable gifts a long time ago.

The person in charge of registering the gifts had already long since become numb to the great number of valuable gifts. Thus, he replied, “A box of pills.”

Box?

Yvonne let out a low laugh.

The more precious a medicine, the more they were counted by the actual number of pills—after all, even a single pill was hard to come by.

Yet they had given a whole box of pills…

Their gift was probably Carefree Pills, right?

The Carefree Pill’s current market value was $3,000 per pill. Even if they gave an entire box of it, how much could they possibly add up to…?

Yvonne let out a sigh of relief and said, “My gift is a pill.”

The person in charge of registering gifts looked up at her. “Okay, I’ve noted it. What kind of precious pill is it, though, Ms. Smith?”

The question was purely out of his own curiosity.

Yvonne smiled and answered, “It’s the Zabe Corporation’s Calming Pill.”

Thud.

The person in charge of gift registration dropped his pen on the table. His voice also suddenly rose in volume as he repeated, “The Zabe Corporation’s Calming Pill?”

Rachel, who was standing behind Yvonne, also heard them. At once, she became even more surprised, and her voice became even louder. “The Zabe Corporation’s Calming Pill?”

Her words made everyone look over.

Upon sensing their envious gazes, Yvonne raised her chin a little, and she felt like she had finally regained her confidence. She said simply, “Yeah.”

Then, she headed to the party hall.

The people at the door were already sighing in admiration. “The Zabe Corporation’s Calming Pill… She sure is generous!”

“Yeah, that pill is really hard to find now! The Smiths are probably the only ones that can get Dr. Zabe to make one more these days!”

“The Smiths are worthy of their name as a top-notch giant, indeed! As expected, they only do great things! The box of pills that the Andersons gave are probably Carefree Pills. In comparison, that’s nothing to be envious of anymore…”

The Andersons’ Carefree Pills had already made a name for themselves. To be honest, a box of it was actually a presentable gift.

But compared with the Zabe Corporation’s Calming Pill, it was ultimately still inferior.

Yvonne was delighted by their comments.

But a short while after she cheered up, her friends behind her started talking to one another softly again.

“Why didn’t the Smiths manage to borrow the Blue Enchantress when they’re so powerful, though? After all, Yvonne loved showing off the most during all the parties in the past!”

“Yeah, the brand won’t loan us the Blue Enchantress if we try to borrow it, but they definitely won’t dare to offend people like the Hunts and the Smiths if they ask for it! How did the Andersons manage to borrow it instead…?”