when you cry at night after a hard day (requested)

"Feeling okay?" Sana softly spoke against your shoulder, her lips brushing against your skin a second after the words fell from her lips.

She's been worried about you from the moment that you arrived home. It's obvious that you're not feeling very well.

She can tell from the sadness she saw in your eyes throughout the time you spent together downstairs until you came up to bed and you felt so tense, as if you were carrying some weight on your shoulders with whatever it is that's bothering you.

"I'm fine." You said. "Just tired. I'm going to close my eyes and go to sleep now."

"Okay. If you're sure, baby." She said, her fingers brushing against your back. "Have sweet dreams. I love you lots."

She kissed your cheek and then your ear before she put her head on the pillow and closed her tired eyes.

The room was dark and quiet as Sana began to fall asleep beside you. You've been under a lot of stress, feeling your mental health worsening after the rough week that you've had, and you're struggling to hold it all together.

Somehow, you made it through the day. It was no better than the other ones you've had recently.

In fact, it was somehow worse.

You struggled to get through it and kept going only because you knew you'd be going home to Sana, where she'd wrap you in her arms and you'd feel better and safer.

But you couldn't get everything off of your mind, despite coming home to your girl about two hours ago.

It's all still overwhelming you, your mind unable to rest and keeping you awake as you thought about everything that happened.

You thought that Sana was sleeping now since it felt like a few long minutes had gone by since she said goodnight to you.

Feeling overwhelmed, you let a couple of tears fall down your cheeks and a quiet sob fell from your lips.

But it wasn't as quiet as you thought because Sana had heard it.

She hadn't fallen asleep as you thought she had. She'd been close to it, but not quite there yet.

And as soon as she heard that sob, she was wide awake, her only focus now being you.

She sat up and turned on the lamp before looking at you.

You jumped as the room lit up, and rolled over to face your girlfriend.

Staring at her with teary eyes, Sana's heart broke instantly.

"Y/N?" She whispered as she scooted closer to you, her thumb brushing across your cheek to catch the tears that fell from your sad eyes.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled and stared at your lap, biting your lip to try and stop any more sobs from escaping your mouth. "I thought you were asleep."

"Shh." She gently shushed. "I'm not tired anymore. I'm worried about you. What's wrong, my love?"

You shrugged your shoulders wordlessly, causing a sad sigh to fall from her lips.

"Look at me, sweet girl." She softly said, gently lifting your chin with her fingertips. "Tell me whatever it is that's bothering you. I know there's something on your mind. I could tell from when you first got home. I just didn't say anything because I thought you'd tell me on your own. But you never did. I want to know, though. I love you and care about you very much. So talk to me, please."

You sniffled as more tears fell from your eyes.

"It's just been a rough few days."

She brushed her fingers across your arms as you started to crumble in front of her, too overwhelmed to stop yourself.

"I've tried to keep it to myself because you deal with me so much and I know you have a lot on your plate. I didn't want to add to your stress or anything."

"Y/N," She sighed. "That's not true. You should always tell me these things. When something is bothering you, tell me. No matter what I'm dealing with, I'm always here for you."

"I'm just so tired." You mumbled. "And I felt so overwhelmed and I couldn't hold it in anymore."

"No, that's okay, baby. That's fine." She said before she pulled you into her arms, giving you the biggest and most comforting hug she possibly could. "I'm here for you. Let it all out, I've got you."

Your tears fell against her shirt, where your face was buried as you let out all of the tears that you've been holding inside for so long.

"It's just been hard."

"I know." She said. "It's okay to cry when you feel that you need to. You don't ever need to bottle things up like this. It doesn't do you any good."

"I know."

"Besides, you don't have any reason to keep anything to yourself when you have me. I love you so very much. I only ever want to see you happy, but I know that you're bound to have bad days, and I want to help you through them. You always do the same for me when I'm stressed or overwhelmed."

You nodded wordlessly, slowly lifting your head to look at her.

"I know that it's hard to make it through some days. But you're strong enough to make it through them. You have me to help you when you need it and when you feel like you need to fall apart and let everything go, I'll be here to hold you and comfort you through every moment."

"Thank you." You said, dropping your forehead onto hers.

"And I know the last few days have been hard, but things will get better. They always do. You just have to keep going. You've got me by your side, I'll help you through the good and bad, every time."

"You're the most amazing girl in the world." You said and when Sana saw you smile, she grinned from ear to ear as her heart beat a little faster.

"No, baby. You are." She said before kissing your lips a few times, her fingers moving to brush a lock of hair behind your ear. "And I'm so in love with you. Never forget that and never forget you've got someone that always believes in you and only ever wants the best for you - because you deserve that."

You smiled and put your cheek on her shoulder as she rubbed your back, holding you close.

"Can we stay like this for a few more minutes?"

"For as long as you need, my love." She said, kissing your head. "I've got you and I won't let you go."