Chapter 4: Quitting

Y/N POV

I walked to the hospital cafeteria. I entered it and was immediately met by a hug from Lucy.
"How's it going?" I asked, laughing a little.
She pulled away.
"Good. How are you?" Lucy asked.
We walked over to one of the tables, sitting down.
"Great. After break I'm discharging one of my green zones patient's." I said.
"Yay! Congratulations!" Lucy said, smiling.
"Thanks. I'm glad with how good they've done." I said.
Just then TK sat down next to us.
  "Look who it is. How are you doing?" Lucy asked.
  "Good. I just got back from the infirmary. One of the doctors were stabbed by a red zones patient. Luckily the damage wasn't too terrible." TK explained.
  "Oh no that's awful!" Lucy said, shocked.
  "Let me guess. It was patient 1104XX?" I said.
TK looked at me.
  "Yeah. How'd you know?" TK asked.
  "Professor Williams told me." I said.
  "Oh." TK said.
  "Hey TK. What do you know about 1104XX?" Lucy asked.
I could see TK was already irritated with this question.
  "All I know is I'd never put my life on the line like that again. But I'm not saying crap cause I was told by the Professor not to say what happened that night. And it's not like you guys need to know anyway. Unless you're gonna become that psychos doctor, we're changing the subject." TK explained.
  "Ok. Sorry we upset you TK. I didn't know you really hated talking about 1104XX." I said.
  "It's fine Y/N. But Lucy over here should know." TK said, frowning at her.
  "Ok geez. Sorry." Lucy muttered, looking down.
  "Ok. Anyways let's change the subject like TK said. I'm discharging one of my green zones patient's today." I said.
  "Nice. How many patient's is that?" TK asked.
  "Like I'd know. I'd have to go through all my files and count." I said, laughing.
  "You don't keep track?" TK asked, laughing.
  "And you do?" Lucy asked.
  "What? No!" TK said.
We all were having a laughing fit now.

Don/Professor Williams POV

I waited outside the infirmary for Doctor Ericsson. Soon he came out of the room.
  "Shelby will be just fine. It didn't do much damage but she'll still need about a week and a half off to heal." Doctor Ericsson said.
  "That's good. May I speak to her?" I asked.
  "Of course Professor. She's a little tired at the moment, just so you know." Doctor Ericsson said.
I nodded and walked into the room. Shelby looked up and sighed.
  "I'm so sorry that happened to you, Shelby." I said.
  "I'm quitting, Professor Williams." Shelby said.
I mentally sighed but couldn't blame her.
  "Are you sure you don't just wanna move back to the green/yellow zones?" I asked.
  "No. I'm quitting all together." She said.
I could tell she was pissed off.
  "I understand." I said.
I walked out of the room. I planned on having a meeting tomorrow. Patient 1104XX will need a new doctor. I was pissed off. I wish he could just be moved to a new mental institute, but sadly I'm unable to do that. I headed towards my office.

Y/N POV

Soon my break was over and I was headed to my next patient. I walked up to their room and knocked. They opened the door, smiling.
  "Hello patient 2115. How are you feeling today?" I asked.
  "Great. I'm super excited. And proud. I've never felt better." They said.
  "I'm proud of you as well. I'm guessing you have packed all your things?" I asked.
They nodded.
  "Good. Now the last thing I need to do is get you some medication and then you're free to go." I said.
  "Thank you so much." They said.
  "You're welcome, 2115. Now I'll be back in 5 minutes." I said.
I turned and headed towards the front desk. I made it to the desk and Betsy, a good friend of mine, smiled.
  "I'm guessing you're here for patient 2115's medication and discharge papers?" Betsy asked.
  "Yes indeed." I said.
Betsy stood up and grabbed a small bag and a clipboard with papers.
  "So here is the medication, which they only need to take for a week. If They need more, they'll need to contact you and set up an appointment with you. Then I just need you to sign some papers and patient 2115 is ready to go." Betsy explained.
  "Ok." I said.
I signed off on all the paperwork and then grabbed the medication, along with some paper explaining what Betsy had told me, and headed off. I gave them to patient 2115 and then some security guards took them to finish the discharging process. I let out a happy sigh and headed back towards my office to finish some of my own paperwork. I'm always so glad to see my patient's grow that far and eventually be able to go home.

(823 words)