Part 32

"I am still confused." I admit to her taking a step back, not liking the look of fire in her eyes. 

     She  sighs a bit annoyed but then meets my eyes again. "That's fine darling. All I need is for you to come with me." My mother then reaches her hand out gripping my arm, her fingers digging into my skin. I try to pull my arm back to escape her grip, my breathing starting to quicken and I can feel myself starting to panic. 

     "But, but Jake told me to stay here," I rush, out my eyes darting around looking for a way to escape her grip. "He has guards stationed around the house." And my admitting this calms me down. Knowing that as soon as we step outside and the guards see her forcing me away they will interfere. Bringing me back inside to safety. 

     But when my mother laughs my muscles tighten up again. "You don't need to worry about the guards darling. I took care of them for now." Well there goes my plan. 

     "I got a car out front. Now let's go, we don't have much time." And with that she uses her full strength and drags me outside. My heels dig into the floor and I am trying to grab onto anything to stop her from taking me. I reach out and grab onto the table in the foyer next to the door, but she jerks my arm again causing me to lose grip and the table shakes causing a lamp to crash to the ground. And then we are out the door, her rushing me to the car. I start yelling for help hoping there is someone out here who can hear me, but the sharp sting of her hand slapping over my mouth stops me. 

     "Can you calm down girl. I am not going to hurt you. I am doing this for you." She spits out through her teeth. I do not respond and continue trying to pull away as we near closer to the car. I whip my head around, eyes desperately searching for anyone who can help me But it is weirdly quiet out here. 

     I am shoved into the back seat of the car and I jump as the door is slammed shut. I go straight for the door handle but the door does not budge. I close my eyes, pressing my palms into the cold leather of the seat, trying to stop the panic and fear I am feeling. 

     I can't go back to that pack. My father will kill me, doing who knows what before hand. Now my only hope is someone noticing my disappearance before Jake is back or him coming for me once he sees I am no longer at home. 

     "Now just relax, I'll tell you when we get close to the pack and my plan to avenge us. Oh, and we'll be taking the back roads so we don't run into any of your little pack members." The car starts and we are flying down a long dirt road. I look out the window still looking for wolves or anyone who can help me. But it seems I am left alone. 

      After riding in silence for a while my mother finally looks back at me in the mirror and sighs. "Can you stop looking so sad back there? Like I said this is for you. Everything I have done has been for you." 

     I scoff. "How is leaving me with an abusive family and pack for me. You just abandoned me." I want nothing to do with her, and I especially don't want to hear any excuses she comes up with. 

     I see her eyes soften just a little, but I can't be sure because when I blink she has her manic smile and her eyes are hard again. "You might never understand. But my wolf, she wanted to kill you back then. I had to leave before I did something I would regret forever."

     "Why would your wolf want to kill me? I am your daughter." 

     "It has to do with your disgrace of a father. He made me and my wold believe terrible things about you. Deep down I knew they weren't true, but when your mate says something to you it's almost impossible not to believe them," she says, her voice getting quieter now. "He told me you would grow up to destroy our pack, you would kill the next pup we had, that you were weak and a disgrace to our family." She takes a deep breath in, closing her eyes briefly before focusing back in on the road. 

     "This still makes no sense. I was only a child no older than ten! How could you believe all of this?" I feel angry, my hands are shaking and in fists and I feel my heart rate rising. 

     "I know I should never have left, should never have believed a word he said. But when I walked in on him in bed with my best friend he told me you drugged him and made him think it was me. That was the last straw for my wolf, she was ready to kill, but I knew you were my daughter and I could never do that you. So instead I ran."

     I don't answer her anymore. I look out the window leaning my head against the seat. Jake will find me before anything happens, he'll save me. He has too. 

Jakes P.O.V. 

     The mission was easy enough. Like Dallas said we were in then out and now. I must admit the reunion of the two mates was a touching sight to see. Dallas' mate was a bit bruised up but nothing a little rest can't heal. 

     We are now back on the road heading home to my adorable little mate. We weren't even gone five hours but it feels like an eternity by the time I see our house come into view. 

     Pulling the car to stop out front I step out eager to see Juliets smile. But the second my foot hits the ground I instantly sense there is something wrong. It is to quiet and Juliet's usually over powering scent is weak. 

     I mind link my beta to check in with the guards while I rush inside to check on Juliet, but the sight I see instead stops my heart. 

    It is obvious there was a struggle, broken lamp on the floor, the rug in front of the door scrunched up, are the first signs I notice. 

     "Juliet!" I scream as my feet continue to propel me forwards as I run around the house checking every last room. "Juliet please!" I yell out again. 

     "Alpha?" The sound of my beta's voice at my front door has me running back down with hopes of good news. They probably found Juliet wandering around the gardens or something. 

     "What is it? Did you find her?" I rush out to him. 

     He bows his head. "I'm sorry Alpha nobody has seen the Luna," I clutch onto the wall to hold me up. I cannot believe this is all happening again. "That's not it though Alpha, I received word that one of our prisoners has escaped."