EIGHTEEN

The beautiful girl ran in front of me through the field of sunflowers. Her beautiful curls bounced as she laughed. That beautiful laugh sounded like a song.

Who was this beautiful girl? She had a long tattoo trailing down her back. I squinted trying to make out the words but she turned towards me. She grabbed me and pulled me closer.

"Athena." I smiled.

"Tobias. You caught me." She slightly grazed my face. "Those eyes."

She looked perfect, heaven-sent. The sun hit her perfectly, illuminating her body. Her curls were like a crown that moved freely.

"You have to catch me now." I smiled before turning around to run.

I began sprinting down the field. I stopped in my tracks turning back. Athena stood with a frown. The skies turned grey and water began to pour.

"Athena?"

"Tobias."

"Athena chase me."

"Tobias you don't appreciate me."

"I do Athena, I do."

"Then come get me."

I tried to run back towards her but my feet were stuck. I reached out for her hand but she broke down crying.

"Athena!"

"Excuse me?" I heard a voice shriek.

I quickly woke up while looking around. Lauren sat up while crossing her arms. Shit.

"Why the fuck are you yelling Athena's name?"

"I didn't."

"You did. Why are you dreaming about her?" She cut on the lamp. "Tobias, what's going on between you two? If you're cheating-"

"I'm not cheating on you Lauren. I didn't say her name, turn around and go back to sleep."

She nodded before placing a kiss on my cheek. She cut the light back off and tucked under the covers. I shook my head while staring at the wall.

I waited a couple of minutes before getting out of bed. I walked towards Athena's room and picked up the shredded journal pieces. I grabbed a bag before heading downstairs to pick up the remaining piece. I placed them in a bag and sat on the island.

~

"Tobias." Kaleb tapped me.

I woke up while shaking my head.

"Long night?" He questioned.

"Shit. I fell asleep." I sighed.

"You fixed her journal?"

"I tried my best." I looked down. "The pieces are intact but it's not the same. I know how much it means to her so hopefully, she'll still want it."

"That was nice of you."

"Is she here?"

"She texted me this morning. She stayed with Valeria last night."

"Good morning." Lauren yawned while walking in. "Croissant, lightly toasted with only egg whites on top and a drizzle of sriracha. Also, absolutely no
butter on my croissant and try to make the plate look clean. Make sure there are no eggshells as well."

"Coming right up." Kaleb sighed.

"You could be a little nicer to my chef. He's a friend."

"Also, I want the coffee imported from Columbia with no sugar and a dash of creamer."