𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

The Potters lived in a town about a two hour car ride from lily's home, in a place called Lavenham. Estelle only knew this by the big sign on the road as they left town.

She supposed muggles needed some indication of where they are going...

She watched as the cars flew by, well they didn't really fly.. But they moved fast enough, on what Lily informed Marlene and Estelle was called the highway, to look like as though they were flying.

Marlene and Estelle watched with anticipation out of the window, the glowing headlights and lit up industrial parts of London were so foreign to them. It looked like a whole different form of magic from a distance.

Lilys sister Petunia watched the two girls as they stared in awe at the large buildings and passing by cars with a sneer. Every time Estelle or Marlene asked a question she would roll her eyes and snort in amusement.

"What, are you stupid?" She finally asked, crossing her arms and glancing at the girls in the seats behind her.

"Petunia! Do not be rude to our guests, this is all fairly new to them it seems... Please be considerate." Lily's Mum said from the front seat.

Petunia huffed, and sat back forward so that she was no longer facing the girls. Marlene gestured a rude hand signal in her direction, which Lily promptly swatted down.

"Well, aren't we off to a great start." Lily said under her breath, letting out a sigh.

The rest of the drive the three girls chatted in hushed tones about their break and Estelle gave them the low down on James's temper tantrum.

"He is honestly such a child." Lily said, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know, I think its cute that he is in touch with is...emotional side." Marlene said with a snigger.

"Oh, don't be so hard on him. He is very kind, and his heart gets hurt quite easily." Estelle said, crossing her arms at them.

"He is an obnoxious bully Estelle, he has such a superiority complex and for what?" Lily said, "Yeah I suppose he is good at Quidditch, and does quite well in school. But what gives him the right to think he is better than everyone else." She added.

"Well, there are some people we know that have the same kind of superiority complex for all of the wrong reasons." Marlene said, giving Lily a look she has seen so many times.

"I know what you are about to say Mar, and I don't want to hear it. Severus is completely different than James, he doesn't care that Im-" Lily began, her tone changing completely.

" Doesn't care that you are Muggleborn? What about all of his Slytherin friends that corner you in the hallways, and hiss behind your back like the snakes that they are." Marlene spat.

"She does have a point Lil..." Estelle said kindly. "If all of that pureblood nonsense didn't matter to him... Why would he be friends with them?"

"It's not like he has many other choices? No one else will be friends with him, especially not when Mr.Popular himself, viciously bullies him." Lily added.

"I would rather be friendless, and alone, than participate in that... that Deatheater bullshit Lily." Marlene said, and Estelle nodded.

Lily sat back in her chair, heaving a big sigh. "Yeah, me too."

The three sat in silence for a few moments with Marlene looking out of the window and Lily awkwardly picking at her nails.

"Hey, let us not do this right now." Estelle said, grabbing both of the girls hands on either side of her. "These next couple of days are going to be so much fun, and we won't have to worry about any of this... as Marlene so eloquently spoke, bullshit."