34. the one where there is too many people

I had been hugged non-stop for the last hour as more and less random people had congratulated me. I wasn't too excited for all those people but I was really grateful that there was also people who were actually my friends and I tried to found time to talk to them more. I was also going to be wasted soon if I wanted to keep up with the amount of drinks people brought me. I gladly gave away most of them but there wasn't a time my hand would have been empty. I had seen Mick, but I tried to keep my distance to him because I knew that there was no coming back from there if he would see me. 

Right now I was sitting in this small patio outside to get away from the people for minute. I hadn't had a chance to really breath during the past hour. I hadn't been able to even say hi to everyone yet. I mean, I had the drivers pretty much covered but I hadn't been able to talk Ria and guys or even Nick and Cami, who I was sure were somewhere around.

I heard the door open and knew my cover was blown, but the door closed again and I turned to see Lando walking to me.

"Hi birthday girl" he said happily sitting next to me. "Are you okay?" he then asked little more concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, that is just a lot of people" I said as the music played on the background through the walls.

"Yeah" he agreed. "I can catch up with you later if you wanna be alone?" he then said looking at me.

"No, stay" I told him. "I don't mind having company, I just needed a break from all that" I gestured towards the door.

"I got something for you" Lando said putting his hand on his pocket. "It's nothing big but I want you to have it" he continued giving me a small box.

"You shouldn't have gotten me anything" I looked at the guy next to me and then the box on my hands.

"Open it" he said excited but I could tell he was a bit nervous. I lifted the top of the box and under it was revealed a beautiful necklace which had a small heart and formula car hanging from it.

"I love it" I said speechless. I stared the gift my mouth little open picking it up with my working hand. It was beautiful. It had a little silver chain and the objects hanging from it were the same color. I was absolutely starstruck. "You really didn't need to" I said lifting my eyes back to Lando sitting next to me with a proud smile playing on his lips.

"I wanted to" he said softly. "Can I?" he then asked and I nodded getting up. I was wearing this what I thought was a cute dress. It had an open back and the hem of the dress came half of my thigh. It wasn't tight. More like a sundress than anything else cause once again I had thought this would be a small gathering with my friends, but the dress worked in this case too.

I gave the necklace to Lando and turned my back at him. I could feel his hands coming in front of me and I picked up my hair so it wouldn't be in his way as he placed the necklace around my neck. I felt chills all over my body as his fingers touched the back of my neck and I could feel him close behind me as he breathed while concentrating.

The butterflies on my stomach went wild as he put his hand on the small of my back. "All done" he said and I picked the small formula car between my fingers before turning around. Lando's hand didn't leave my skin as I turned around at it was now rested on my side.

I looked up to meet his eyes that were watching as I twirled the necklace on my fingers. Neither of us said anything we just stared each other and that was the moment I just wanted to kiss him again.

"There you are" the door flew open and Max walked on us, which made Lando drop his hand quickly and I stepped away from him. "We've been looking for you, come on" Max said gesturing me to follow him. I gave Lando an apologetic look before following his friend back inside.