52. the one with goodbyes and some good times

I stared at the gates of the paddock with my pass on my hand ready to go, but I couldn't bring myself to beep it for one last time.

"Come on we gotta go" Carlos said getting impatient next to me while he was waiting for me to exit the paddock.

"Easy for you to say, you're gonna get back unlike some other people" I pointed out but walked out of the gate anyways.

"Wasn't so hard was it" Carlos grinned walking after me throwing his hand around my shoulders. "I'm proud of you"

"Hahaha" I rolled my eyes.

"But for real tho, I'm really proud of you" he said more serious matter referring to whole nine months I had been working next to him.

"Thanks, I'm pretty proud of myself too" A small smile crept on my face as I thought back everything I had managed to get through. I looked one last time back to the track and was weirdly relieved, I had actually done my internship already and with good feedback too. I had gotten the evaluation of my work and I could say I was more than happy with that.

.

"You ready?" I could hear Cami shout from the bathroom as was trying to put some clothes on. We were so late from my own little gathering.

"Not really" I yelled back.

"Good me neither"

I laughed to the girl as she stormed out of the bathroom with half of her hair curled and the other half in bun above her head. She mumbled something as she went through her stuff, but apparently, she found what she was looking for as she ran back to the bathroom with the shirt on her hand.

After a while we were ready to go and when I say a while, I meant more like half an hour. We were rushing towards the little pub we had promised to meet everyone like an hour ago, but I hoped that no one else was too punctual either. We had made a plan with some of the drivers and team members to go out one last time with me, it wasn't a party or anything just a small gathering with the people most important to me.

"Wait" I said before we ran inside. "I need to catch my breath." Cami laughed next to me. She looked beautiful in her summer dress she had picked out even though the weather wasn't that sunny. I had went for pants and top this time. Her hair was in curls, mine in ponytail. You could tell which one of us had made bigger effort for today, but I looked okay still.

Stepping inside the cute karaoke bar I could see familiar faces sitting around, there was way more people than I had thought. Of course not all of them were part of our crew but I was still a bit surprised to see some of the guys here that I didn't really think would show up. I probably looked like idiot as I had stopped on my tracks staring the group of people further back.

"You okay?" Cami laughed next to me.

"Yeah, just didn't really think there would be so many people"

"Yeah about that, things got little outta hand" the girl next to me grinned. "There were a lot of people who wanted to come to say goodbye to you, so basically it's your fault being so nice to everyone" she pointed out making me shook my head amused.

"It's fine, just little surprised"

My plan had been to spent the night with those closest to me so Carlos and Charles of course and Nick and Cami plus some more people I had been working with from Ferrari. Then there was Daniel, Max and Pierre for obvious reasons. Mick of course. But now I was also seeing both Mercedes drivers chatting around, Yuki, George and Alex was there too. I walked slowly towards the mixed group of people.

I was feeling a bit nervous. I hated being the one showing up last with everyone's eyes on me. It was nice seeing everyone busy talking in their little groups, but it was nice to see that they had mixed up a little. Max was talking with Carlos while Daniel kept company to Valtteri who looked little out of place. Mick and Lewis were talking together and Pierre and Charles had adopted Yuki to their little duo, which left the two youngsters together.