Chapter 53

We made our way to Damon's room as fast as we could and we could see the doctors trying their possible best but it was not working. He was looking pale as if blood was being sucked from his body which it literally was because he was bleeding terribly, he looked helpless, truly it will be a miracle if he survives this.

"Sam please you guys should do something. We can't loose him. I can't loose him." I begged crying.

  At this point the doctors had already stepped aside knowing fully well that there was nothing they could do at this point because this surpassed their area of expertise. They gave us a sad look before walking out with an expression that looked like all hope was lost.

  I turned to look at Loranda, she was crying as well and probably blaming herself thinking she was bad luck and brought trouble wherever she went. Aria was crying as well and she looked like she would really kill Loranda if something bad happened. And there's me, feeling helpless and angry, angry at the witches and myself. I felt so useless, wasn't there anything I could do to help.

  "He's loosing too much blood, if you have something to do fvcking do it." Aria shouted at Sam and the witch. They had been trying different spells, potions and enchantment but it didn't look like anything was working.

  He couldn't go like that, the destiny of our kingdom rests on his shoulder, he's supposed to be by my side forever, we have a million things to do together. There's no way I'm going to loose him.

"Lianna, Lianna, you can do this , you can help, you're a white wolf, you have immense healing power, you can save him." Loranda shouted as if she just remembered while I was staring it her like a dumb.

  I've never healed anyone before not even myself, how do I even go about it, what if it doesn't work, what do I do?

"Yes Lee, you can do this, we can all work together to extract the poison from him before it causes more damage and with your powers you can heal him completely." Sam added.

  I was confused, yet another thing hidden from me. How can I not know that I have the power to heal and only know about it now in this critical state.

"Lee, please do something, we're loosing him." Aria said softly still crying going over to hold Damon's hands.

"What do I do?" I asked eagerly, if I could help I am more than happy to, I can't loose him.

"You need to connect to your wolf, she has the powers and when you are both connected you will unlock this special gift and she'll direct you on what to do." Sam instructed.

Just great, I've locked my wolf out for months. I've not been in contact with her, I can't even shift and now I'm supposed to connect to her for the healing gift, will she be help?

"You can do this Lianna, just breathe, close your eyes and connect with her. You've got this." Loranda encouraged.

  It sounded easy but I knew the connection could not be made instantly but it was worth trying. I took a deep breath and tried connecting with my wolf. I tried for up to a minute and nothing happened.

"You need to come from a place of sincerity and calmness." Sam instructed and I tried again.

Don't panic, you've got this, you're not going to loose your mate, your wolf will connect with you and you'll heal him. I repeated this to muse while trying to stay calm.

I've got this. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I focused on connecting with Alexis and letting go of every worry and pain that I was feeling.

Alexis please I need you, we need you
I need you to help me, please if you can heal Damon please help. He's my mate, your mate, our mate.
I need you to help me save him, we need him.
We can't loose him like this, we still have a lot to do together.
Alexis?

I was getting nothing from Alexis and I could feel hot tears fall from my cheeks as I felt this was the end.

Alexis I'm sorry for shutting you out, please you need to help me, we need to save him.

I was trying to be as calm as possible and forget about the fact that Damon was hanging on to a thin thread.

Alexis, please if you can hear me, help me, please!

I was begging Alexis like a life depended on it because it did and I was not even getting a reply. I could slowly feel my anger rising, rising against her for not willing to help but I quickly shook it off. I needed to come from a place of sincerity and purity.

Alexis! Alexis! I need you!

  I screamed the last part with all the strength in me but nothing happened and just as I was about to give up and open my eyes I felt transported to another realm.

I saw my wolf, a white wolf lying gracefully on the white snow looking as pure and powerful as ever. I've never seen my wolf before and seeing her now I felt this new surge of power to me.

  "I thought you didn't need me again and will never call for me."

  We were speaking through telepathy and I really liked this connection.

"I'm sorry, please I need you, we need to save Damon."

"I knew a day like this will come, I knew you will need the gift and it's time you got it. Soon enough you'll be able to shift too but let's just take it one step at a time." 

She beckoned for me to come closer and when I did our heads touched and I could feel power surge through me and transform from her to me. There was a bright blue light around our heads and after a few seconds it disappeared.

"You now have the power to heal, use it wisely, save our mate."  She said and I could feel her slowly disappear until she was no longer in sight.

  I opened my eyes and found myself back in the room with Damon and everyone.

"It worked. We could feel and see the light. Let's do this together, we don't have much time left." Sam said.

  Sam, the witch and I held hands. They were chanting some spells and I just had my eyes closed praying it worked.

"Place your hands on his stomach." The witch instructed and I did as I was told silently praying that we were not too late.

As I placed my hands on his stomach where he was stabbed I could feel tingles and sparks flowing from within me to his body and going on to work its magic. I had my eyes closed the whole time focusing on healing him and this went on for a few minutes and was brought back to reality when I heard Damon call out my name.

  I opened my eyes in excitement. I did it, we did it, he's healed, he's alive, he's alive!

Phew, another chapter done
I just went with the flow with this chapter, I didn't know how else to save Damon rather than this so if this seems a little bit unexpected it was. I just wrote this spontaneously and I'm really glad about the way it turned out and if you like it too please click on the star button, leave wonderful comments and please share.

Don't forget to add to your library and reading list so you don't miss an update. I appreciate you all that have been leaving likes, comments and adding to reading lists please keep it coming I truly appreciate. Thank you so much 🥰