005. The League

【ENIGMA】

***

For what it was worth, Y/n didn't pass out.

But she felt like actually passing out would have been less embarrassing than claiming she was going to pass out and staying in her very same position. 

Or at least she thought it was the very same position. 

She was freezing and it was silent for all of two seconds before her body heated once more, needles tapping against the bone beneath her skin. She once again felt like she was going to pass out and the deep voice from before sounded in her ears.

Wait, so maybe she did pass out?

"Where did you go?" Todoroki grabbed onto her arm tight and Y/n frowned, "and how did you move so quickly? I don't understand—"

"What do you mean? I was here the entire—" Y/n froze, whipping her head in another direction, a loud buzz piercing through her thoughts. "What is that? The energy and vibrations are insane."

"It's a purple warp." Todoroki said, "He's looking for All Might, apparently. They want to kill him, but—"

"My goal is to scatter you all and torture you to death!"

And for maybe the fifth time in ten minutes, her body was being enveloped in something again—this time, with Todoroki so she didn't feel so alone. She could feel his grip on her arm tighten and she kept him close in return, waiting until the feeling of being immersed in whatever warp had covered them faded. It was a no more than ten-second matter, but it left her swaying, off-balance, footing only getting worse when Todoroki was no longer holding onto her.

She stayed in her same, kneeling position for about five seconds, fingers tapping against the ground to feel the change in texture. It felt dry. 

She frowned. "So, uh, am I dead? Or no?"

"You're not dead," Todoroki dismissed quickly, though hesitance laced his words like he was confused. "Get up. Use your stupid luck or weird senses or whatever to help me fight, we're surrounded. I need you to tell me when they're coming."

"We're surrounded? By who? Villains?"

"Yes, get up, L/n."

"Do you even need my help, Mr. Perfect?"

"You sound bitter."

"I'm not," Y/n grit out, pushing to her feet, lips quirking up the tiniest bit.

"But you're more stupid than I am if you seriously think everything I've done up until now is just stupid luck. Even I can tell this is something bigger than coincidence," Y/n's fingers jolted, brows pulling as she felt the rumble and almost numbness of something in her feet, "Above and to your right, by the way— I'm pretty damn awesome, aren't I?"

Without question or hesitance, Todoroki followed Y/n's words, stepping forward, frost filling the air around them as he aimed above and to the right—the startled yelp of a man, made Y/n hum. Todoroki, on the other hand, made a frustrated noise.

"So this is your quirk? Some type of sixth sense?"

"Why do you sound so angry? To your left and - behind you!" Y/n stumbled out of the way, fingers trembling."Besides, you really think it's something that simple?"

"You tell me; it's your quirk. And be faster with your warnings."

"Above!—I'm trying my best!—To your right!"