never want to feel this way again

timothèe and emmy had been friends for a few years.

they met on the set of Call Me By Your Name, where emmy played marzia and timothèe obviously played elio. the two hit it off right away, and after living in italy together for 5 months and then staying close to each other back in New York, you could definitely consider them to be best friends.

if you asked the people that knew emmy and timmy, they would tell you they were attached at the hip, always together and always laughing or smiling or giggling about a stupid inside joke.

they always had each other's back no matter what.

until timmy got into a relationship.

it was weird for emmy when timmy got a girlfriend. she wasn't jealous per-say, she just felt a little pushed to the side.

she understood though. understood that their weekly hangouts and movie nights and sleepovers would have to come to an end. she tried to put herself in his girlfriends shoes, tried to see it from her eyes. and she knew that if the roles were reversed she wouldn't be okay with everything that her and timmy do together.

nothing had ever happened between them. not in a while anyways.

since italy there's been two times that emmy can recall kissing timothèe.

the first time, they were drunk, super drunk. emmy cant remember bits and pieces of the night, but she absolutely does remember his lips on her lips and how good it felt. remembers missing italy a bit more than usual after that drunken night, solely for the fact that she got to kiss timmy all the time for work.

she thinks about italy a lot actually. thinks about the bike rides and the sun and the studying lines with timothèe late at night. remembers helping timothèe with his italian and piano and she certainly remembers the day of the sex scene. remembers how natural it felt even though it was a bit awkward. remembers his hands on her skin and his lips on her skin and....

well she thinks about italy a bit too much sometimes.

the second time they kissed they were not drunk. timothèe was practicing for little women, the scene where laurie kisses amy. he told her he felt he couldnt do a sad kiss very well. needed help with it. he told her he practiced with his pillow but it obviously wasn't the same. she was the one who suggested practicing on her. timmy thought she was joking at first, which emmy secretly took as a stab to the heart. but soon he realized it was an actual good idea.

they kissed a lot that night. they weren't deep passionate kisses like the ones she thought about at night when she was alone, but they were kisses and she was gonna take all she could get.

that was the last time she kissed timothèe. she thinks about that night a lot. thinks about what it feel like to kiss timothèe now.

timothèes new girlfriend was really sweet. she was beautiful, way more pretty that emmy ever thought she could be. she understood why timmy liked her, hell the bit of gay in emmy was telling her to fuck timmys girlfriend herself. she was gorgeous. obviously it upset emmy, but she never let it show. used her good acting skills to put on a front.

she never liked being the best friend. she never wanted to be one of those tik toks where the girl best friend was blatantly in love with the guy and is fucking annoying. so when timmy got in a relationship, she took a step back. figured he would make time for her.

and he did at first.

then he started stepping back. which emmy could understand. instead of seeing each other almost everyday, it was only a few times a week.

but then it was only one day a week and soon it had been two weeks since emmy had seen timmy and almost a week since they had a real conversation over the phone.

emmy tried to shrug it off. tired to convince herself she wasn't loosing her best friend. tried telling herself that he was busy and had a life outside of her. but she couldn't help but cry herself to sleep on the nights she was left on delivered or even worse left on read. and the next morning when she opened her phone and would see the "sorry didn't see this till now" text, she would roll her eyes and send a "it's okay:)"

she was fine though.

that was until the night timmy had called her randomly and asked to come over. he didn't give much information over the phone but he sounded sad, lu was happy though. happy to see him, happy to maybe hopefully hug him or even just talk to him.

when he got to her apartment he knocked which emmy found a bit weird considering before he would always just walk in. but she didn't think too much about it.

she smiled when she opened the door and so did he, his wasn't as bright as hers but she didn't notice.

he walked in and everything felt normal again.

"i feel like i haven't seen you in forever" she said closing the door behind him when he walked in

"i know, ive been pretty busy" he said turning away from her and walking a bit into the apartment more.

something was wrong, she could tell.

"everything okay?" she leaned on her countertop and bit at her nails.

"um not really" he mumbled. he finally turned towards her and looked at her. she missed seeing his eyes. but this time when she looked at them, they were tired, very tired.

"what's wrong?" she questioned, furrowing her brow and standing up straight.

"i broke up with lily" he spat out quickly, like he had been holding it in for too long.

lu had to hold back a chuckle at his widened look. but it wasn't hard considering she felt awful for him.

"i'm sorry tim, i know-"

"i broke up with her because i love you"

oh shit.

was she dreaming right now? this had to be one her crazy scenarios she thought about.

nope he was here, in her living room.

"uh i- you.. you what?"

"i love you, and i know i've been really distant lately but i can't keep pretending like i don't want to be with you. lily and i have been broken up for a couple weeks and i've been trying to figure out how i was gonna tell you" timmy talks with his hands a lot, especially when he's nervous, it's a habit lu finds absolutely adorable.

"and, and i hope you feel the same way because when i was with her, i felt what it felt like to loose you and i never want to feel that way again"

emmy stood there silently. she felt like her breath had been taken out of her body. timmy moved closer to her. she felt like she could cry and laugh all at the same time. she felt panic but also sheer happiness.

"please say something before i jump out of your window" he looked at her, searching her face desperately for anything.

the only thing she could do was smile.

and she was finally able to find out what it would feel like to kiss timothèe again.