Schemes & Swords

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Soon after dropping off Iruma with Gobta for the second time, I detect someone I wasn't expecting to. Curious as to why she's here, I teleport nearby.

"Oh, what a surprise, running into you here Rimuru!" Luminous says with a smile, unconvincingly feigning surprise.

"Surprise? This is my country y'know, I don't see what's surprising about seeing me here. If anyone should be surprised, it should be me." I respond with a chuckle.

"Why would you be surprised? You are already aware that I visit here quite often for concerts and plays." She says casually.

"Yes, I'm aware. Hey, since you're already here, do you have a moment to talk?" I ask.

"I assume this has to do with the upcoming Walpurgis and the candidate, am I right?" she questions.

"Yeah, that's what I wanna talk about, but just briefly. I had a chat with Leon earlier to get his thoughts on this new guy and since you've come to Tempest on your own, I might as well talk with you a little too."

Before she continues, Luminous waves her hand, and a barrier surrounds us to prevent eavesdropping. We're alone, being in a small side-alley devoid of other people, but that doesn't mean it's very private either. With what we're about to discuss, it's for the best that others can't listen to us.

"I don't mind, but I don't have much to say either. The candidate is weak and is not an agreeable individual based on what I've heard." She says in her usual casual tone.

"That lines up with what Leon told me. So you agree that this one will end in a purge too?" I ask, pretty sure of her answer already based on what she's already said.

"A quick one too, that's my guess. Quite a boring outcome if that's what ends up happening." Luminous continues, giving a small disappointed sigh as she finishes her opinion.

"Boring...yeah..." I trail off.

That would be boring, wouldn't it? I wonder if there's a way to make it a little more entertaining...?

[[I have a suggestion, Master.]]

Ah, Ciel to the rescue! Please share, I'm all ears!

[[We could test this Beluran individual by having another pose as Demon Lord in your place. If he can see through the illusion, that would prove his capability. It would also be fun to play a different role than normal, right Master?]]

So you're saying I should borrow Luminous' old schtick? I should probably run that past her first, I don't want her angry with me. I've seen how she's treated Veldora, I don't need that happening to me.

[[I would not allow such a thing to happen to you Master, but yes, I agree that informing her and the others would be the simplest solution.]]

"I think I have a solution to that," I say.

"Oh? You have my attention." Luminous responds, her heterochromatic eyes lighting up with interest.

"I thought it'd be funny to prank this new candidate by doing what you used to, having someone sit in my spot for this one meeting," I say with a mischievous grin on my face.