Chapter { 15 } : drown

Mirabella :

We made our way towards a bigger dining room for dinner, it was larger and prettier than the other one.

Nonno sat at the head of the table, on his right nonna, and on his left papà.

Followed by zio salvatore opposite tia valentina.

Followed by zio Eduardo opposite tia guilia.

Followed by zio dante opposite Alessandro.

Followed by romeo opposite gianni.

Followed by Alexander opposite luca.

Then comes the youngest.

Leonardo opposite enzo who was beside Alfonso opposite Rafael.

Beside Rafael sat Ace opposite apollo who sat beside Mattio with me facing him.

So that meant I was beside Ace.

Aspen and Akari were in the garden, so I was just sitting there alone.

I held my hair in a messy bun, because it was a bit hot, and I was eating, and didn't want my long hair to disturb.

I ate at least half of my plate, cheese lasagna with meatballs. I couldn't eat anymore and hoped no one noticed.

I mean I don't think they did, because everyone was chatting, even Ace was talking with Rafael.

I just sat there, not finding anyone to talk to.

I gazed at the others, and saw Ace already looking at me, he eyed my plate and gave me a questioning look.

Just as he was about to speak, nonno interrupted.

"So... since everyone is here, and the kids have finished school for this year, I was thinking of going in a vacation... all of us, so that Mirabella can get to know us more, and spend time with us before her ceremony by the end of September".

The table was all quiet after that, I don't think it's a bad idea, I fiddled with my necklace and looked down.

What if they don't want to.

They can't say no to nonno, so that mean they will be forced to.

I'm sure they don't want to.

Maybe I should do something.

No one said a thing for about 2 minutes, even the chatting has stopped, and everyone stoped eating too.

I was worried for a second that they definitely don't wanna go.

I sighed a really loud sigh, and since it was so silent, everyone heard.

They all looked at me, waiting for me to say something.

I just looked down and whispered.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to", I don't even think they heard until apollo asked.