2 - Cold and bitter

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

I wasn't surprised when my parents arranged a marriage for me

I wasn't surprised when my parents arranged a marriage for me. It's highly common. My own parents were arranged to marry and they've been together ever since. In a loveless marriage till death do them part. What a shitty way to live.

I was fucking angry about having to marry some girl. A fucking Italian girl to top it off. There's nothing wrong with Italian girls but she's in the mafia. What would she even be like. Would our marriage be entirely loveless like my parents. Not that I cared, I would just tolerate her and have my way with women behind her back. I'm sure she would do the same.

I wasn't even told of her name, what she looked like or what she was like. But she was a woman. The boss of the Italian mafia. How could that be? Women are weak and too emotional. She would be the destruction of the mafia. I chuckled at how the most fierce and depraved mafia in the world would fall at her hands. Everyone knows only a man can run a mafia.

Perhaps she was put in charge because her father had no sons. But that was quite irresponsible on his part. Still, I would have thought he would have passed it down to a man. Regardless if he was blood or not.

I am Ace Hernandez, the boss of the American mafia. At seventeen I was handed the mafia to control and to make it the most dominant in the world. Now at twenty five, I live a lifestyle which involved drinking, drugs and women. My mafia duties were not neglected. I was known to be ruthless and unforgiving. Step in my way and that's the last thing you'd ever do.

That doesn't mean I can't have fun. I glanced over at the brunette who lay asleep in my bed. I didn't even know her name. I didn't even care. If I'm getting married, I may as well have some enjoyment before I have to settle down in a miserable fucking life. Fucking hell.

"You do know you are getting married right?" My younger brother walked into my bedroom unannounced. He eyed me with a bored look. Fuck why would I care? It's not like I chose this woman, it's not like I wanted this and as a mafia boss I had a certain reputation to uphold, a bad reputation.

I scowled as I rubbed my eyes. "Get out Kaden." I growled at him, his presence irritated me. More so because he was free to choose whomever he wanted to marry and I wasn't. The fuck would my parents even agree to this. All for some fucking alliance. Fucking hell, I could just take the Italian mafia if I wanted to.

The woman beside me on my bed stirred and blinked her brown eyes wide open. For a second she looked petrified upon seeing Kaden standing by the door. She looked towards me in hopes of some sort of comfort but I had none to offer.

"Leave." Kaden ordered as he held the door open with a hand. The woman quickly gathered her clothing and left the room in just her underwear. I groaned as I lay tangled in my bedsheets. The deep yellow glow of the sun threatened to spill into the room and did so when Kaden kindly pulled open the curtains.