24❀

"Mommy!" Echo whines, tears streaming down her little face, "I don't feel good

"Mommy!" Echo whines, tears streaming down her little face, "I don't feel good."

"Sh. I know, baby." I coo, bouncing her on my hip.

Echo woke up this morning with a fever. She was crying all morning and clinging to me like a little monkey.

I took her to the doctor and apparently she got the flu. She most likely picked it up from her old school.

Those filthy kids.

I gave her some medicine a few minutes ago, so it hasn't kicked in yet.

"Mommy." She whines again, snot running down her nose.

"Oh, my poor baby."

I rush to her bedroom to grab some baby wipes, her still crying and clinging onto me.

I open her door and am welcomed by her very messy room. There were toys scattered everywhere, her bedsheets were everywhere but on the bed, and her pillows were thrown around the room.

I step through her pile of toys and grab the baby wipes before rushing out of there.

I sit on the couch in my living room, her sobs quieting and turning into little whimpers every now and again. I hold the tissue up to her nose and she squirms away from it.

"It'll help your nose stop being so stuffy, love." I coo, trying to wipe the snot from around her nostrils and mouth.

She stops her squirming and just leans into me more, finally letting me hold the tissue up to her nose.

She blows into the tissue a few times before pushing my arm away with her little hand.

"All done, baby?"

She nods her head and cuddles into my chest, her eyes fluttering shut.

"Looks like my little baby is sleepy, hm?" I murmur softly.

I push her baby hairs away from her face and kiss her forehead.

I stand with her in my arms and walk towards my bedroom, knowing she won't be able to sleep in her own.

I open my door with one hand and push it open with my foot.

I speed walk over to the bed and carefully place her in the middle of it.

She whines a little and begins to squirm.

I place a gentle kiss into the crook of her little neck and step away to grab her stuffed animal.

I nudge the stuffie in between her tiny arms and she cuddles it closer to her chest, making me coo.

I surround her body with pillows so she won't fall off the bed and walk out the room as quietly as I can, leaving the door open in case anything happens.