Chapter 308: The Bank Card!!

The clerk stood up at once, giving Louis a shock.

He stared at the clerk stupefied. “W-what’s the matter?”

However, the clerk bowed and said, “Please wait a moment!”

Then, she took the card and rushed to the manager’s office at the side.

Louis was awfully shocked.

He looked around and found that the rest of the staff were all behaving normally. The clerk attending to him was the only one who had suddenly run off.

He swallowed hard. Could it be that his cousin had stolen that card from someone? After all, it wasn’t maxed out even after he spent nearly 50,000 dollars on pet food just now!

Was the clerk calling the police?

He was so alarmed that he jumped onto his feet abruptly, and he subconsciously walked toward the door hastily.

He had only just taken two steps when someone suddenly came after him from behind. “Sir, please wait a moment!”

Louis: “!!”

Without another word, he started to run out.

Unfortunately, the security guard at the bank’s doors saw the manager chasing him, so he subconsciously thought that Louis was a bad guy and rushed toward him at once.

Louis easily avoided the security guard. He said, “Don’t grab me, bro! That card isn’t mine! I… I found it somewhere!”

He ran out of the bank until he reached the streets. Then, he ran off along the sidewalk.

But he had only taken two steps when the security guard caught up with him. He said, “What are you afraid of if it’s something you found? Stop running and clarify everything with the manager! Otherwise, I’m calling the cops!”

“You can’t!” Louis yelled as he ran, “I didn’t break the law!”

“Then stop running!”

“No way!”

Louis continued running forward. At the same time, he took out his cell phone and sent a text message to Nora: ‘You stinky woman! You’ve gotten me into huge trouble!!’

Louis had taken the initiative to add Nora’s contact information into his phone when they were buying food for the cats. He had even said, “You can come to me if you run into any trouble in the future! I’ll protect you!”

Little did he think that things would actually turn out like this!

After sending the text message, he continued to exercise his skills to the fullest and ran with all his strength.

The security guard: “…”

Fleeing was what Louis did best. After all, he was already used to being disciplined by his family ever since he was a child, so he ran very fast and soon disappeared.

The security guard was all out of breath from chasing after him, but he still lost him in the end.

He bent over and panted heavily.

The manager behind him had also caught up with him by then. He asked, “What were you chasing him for? You’ve scared him away!”

“… Isn’t he a bad guy?” asked the security guard.

“What nonsense!” The manager exclaimed huffily, “He’s a distinguished customer!!”

The security guard: “!!”