Chapter 309: The Card Is Mine!

Yvonne looked at the butler and instructed, “Since it’s the manager from the bank, then please invite him in!”

The butler answered, “Yes, miss.”

He turned to leave.

“Wait!” The frightened Louis shouted.

However, the butler ignored him completely.

Louis had always been naughty and mischievous since he was a child and especially compared to Yvonne, it made him seem even more atrocious. The servants in the manor also found him rather objectionable.

Moreover, this was Ian and Joel’s home. As the head of the family, one could consider Joel Ian’s adopted son. Yvonne was the true mistress of the household instead.

When the butler left, a furious and panicky Louis demanded, “What do you think you’re doing? What makes you think you can agree to meet them when they are here to look for me?”

Yvonne cast her eyes down and replied dispassionately, “What are you so worked up for just because the manager of the bank is looking for you? Is there something wrong with Nora’s card?”

Louis looked downstairs.

Sure enough, the servants in the house were looking at them. He pretty much subconsciously replied, “That card belongs to me!”

Yvonne: “…”

She kept her eyes down and said detachedly, “As your elder sister, I have to interfere in this, Louis. Since it’s yours, then all the more so. Let’s go and have a look.”

Louis wanted to push her away, but the manager had already entered by then.

He was following behind the butler. This was his first time in the Smiths’ manor. The manor’s lavish decor filled him with great emotion. No wonder they had a card like that. As expected, their background was indeed impressive!

He would have to apologize to the distinguished customer later, though. He mustn’t behave too frivolously.

With that in mind, he straightened his back and put on a rather serious expression.

Seeing how stern he looked, Louis became even more scared.

Sob…

Did Nora steal that card from someone or did she rob someone of it? To think it made the bank manager spend so much effort and go through so many twists and turns that he had actually managed to find him.

Since their investigations had led to him, they must have asked the police for help with that, right?

Despite knowing that this was the Smiths’ manor, they had still come for him… This meant that they definitely wouldn’t back down even if he used Joel against them. So! Just what kind of crime exactly had Nora committed?!

Surely it couldn’t be robbery or murder, right?!

A grave look came over Louis’s countenance when he thought of that.

Seeing that he had no way out anymore, Louis acted as if he was about to face the music and took a big step forward.

When the manager saw him, he took a step forward, took out the card, and asked respectfully, “Excuse me, is this card yours? Are you the only one using the card?”

Louis: “…”

He held his head high, puffed out his chest, and said righteously, “Yes, of course, I am the only one using it. What else could it be?”

The manager: “?”

Louis snorted and said, “Alright, that’s enough. A man must bear the consequences of his own actions. This card belongs to me and me alone!”