Nineteen

Harry was startled awake by the feeling of his foot being shaken. When he realized what was going on, he blinked a few times to see Louis standing at his feet in the nursery. For a split second, Harry was happy to see him and then he remembered what had happened before, which had led him up into the nursery where he had ended up taking a long nap along with Indie. It couldn't have been too long as Indie liked to cry after a certain amount of time.

"What do you want?" Harry grumbled, his voice a bit hoarse from the sleep and the crying he had done earlier.

"I see you're still mad at me," Louis shrugged.

"Yes, you're damn right I am. I was sleeping soundly before you came in here shaking my feet," Harry told him. "And don't think I forgot about what you said or the situation."

Louis was silent for a moment, looking down at his feet. "I figured you hadn't. I wanted to talk to you about that."

"About how you're going to abandon us for your fake family?" Harry scoffed, automatically feeling himself get angry at the mere thought of Briana and her unborn child that wasn't biologically Louis'.

"No. I know that you wanted to have a shower or party for Indie. I want to too. So, how about we have a small gathering of just the boys, Gemma, and Lottie before I have to go and then when I get back, we can have the big grand one like you want?" Louis suggested. "Just a little something so we don't have to keep hiding her from everyone. I also am sick of getting Liam's texts because that man is begging to see her. I'm pretty sure that he's only going to continue being friends with us for our daughter."

The last part made Harry stifle a laugh. As much as he wanted one big grand party, he knew that he would have to wait to have it. Louis' suggestion wasn't a bad idea anyway. It would be nice to just get together with everyone anyway and have a round. A relaxed time didn't seem like a bad time.

"That's fine. I know that they're fighting to see her and we're not letting them," Harry agreed. "I'll send a mass text out. Also, is she sleeping?"

Louis looked over and down into the crib, a smile appearing on his face. "No, she's just looking around and enjoying life."

"Ugh, I wish she would sleep at least a little bit," Harry complained.

"She does. Just not when we want her to," Louis laughed. It was quiet and Louis' tone turned quiet. "I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean to be so harsh on you."

Harry looked back at him, seeing as Louis' expression was sincere. "It's not okay you said those things, but I do forgive you."

Harry walked over to the crib and laid a blanket over Indie, handing her her small teddy bear. She just looked up at him, moving around like a newborn baby does. Harry couldn't help but smile down at her, still not able to completely wrap his brain around the fact that that beautiful little girl was a part of him. Obviously, himself being pregnant was something that he never imagined happening.

"I'll plan the party for tomorrow night, yeah? I'll do all of the shopping and everything tomorrow," Harry said as he walked into the living room, fishing out his phone.

"I do have a meeting for the Rovers tomorrow, just so you know," Louis announced.

Harry looked at him, more annoyed than shocked. "And you're just telling me now that you're going all the way to Doncaster tomorrow? Jesus Christ, Louis."

"What? No, I'm not going to Donny tomorrow. They're in London and want to meet up to discuss a charity game," Louis told him.

"Oh, good. I was about to figuratively rip your throat out if otherwise," Harry breathed. "Anyway, what time are you leaving?"