Devils trap part 2

Sam sighed and flipped through the pages of the book Bobby gave him, while twirling a marker between his fingers.

Dean was loading the guns in the Arsenal.

"You've been quiet." Sam said to dean.

"Not as quiet as her." Dean muttered to himself, looking over at the little girl who sat on the ground, playing in the rocks and dirt, she hadn't spoke since they'd left Bobby's. "Just getting ready." Dean said to Sam.

"He's gonna be fine, Dean." Sam told him.

Dean didn't say anything.

Sam flipped through the pages of his book, but then he picked it up and walked to the trunk where Dean was.

He used his hand, wiping the dirt off a part of the trunk of the impala, then took his marker, drawing something on the corner.

"Dude, what are you drawing on my car?" Dean questioned him, slightly angry.

"It's call a devils trap." Sam stated. "Demons can't get through it or inside it."

"So?" Dean questioned, still mad.

"It basically turns the trunk into a lockbox." Sam said, going to the other side of the trunk, doing the same thing to the other corner.

"So?" Dean raised a hand.

"So we have a place to hide the colt while we go get dad." Sam stated.

"What are you talking about? We're bringing the colt with us." Dean told him.

"We can't, dean. We've only got three bullets left. We can't just use them on any demon. We've got to use them on the demon." Sam said.

"No, we have to save dad, Sam, okay?" Dean came around to his brother. "We're gonna need all the help we can get."

"Dean, you know how pissed dad would be if we used all the bullets? Dean, he wouldn't want us to bring the gun."

"I don't care, Sam!" Dean yelled making Alison flinch. "I don't care what dad wants, okay? And since when do you care what dad wants?"

"We want to kill this demon. You used to want that, too." Sam stated. "Hell, you're the one who came and got me at school! You're the one who dragged me back into this, dean. I'm just trying to finish it." Sam yelled at his brother.

Dean shook his head, looking down at the ground.

"Well, you and dad are a lot more alike than I thought, you know that?" He said. "You both can't wait to sacrifice yourself for this thing. But you know what? I'm gonna be the one to bury you." Dean stated. "You're selfish, you know that? You don't care about anything but revenge."

"That's not true, dean." Sam shook his head. "I want dad back, but they are expecting us to bring this gun. They get the gun, they will kill us all. They will kill Alison, too, Dean, they're not gonna take pity on a four year old. Especially your four year old."

Dean looked up at his brother.

"That colt is our only leverage, and you know it, Dean. We cannot bring that gun. We can't."

"Fine." Dean scoffed.

"I'm serious, Dean."

"I said fine, Sam."

Dean got the gun out of his jacket, showing it to his brother, then putting it into the trunk.

Sam watched him, then walked around Dean, going to Ali who was building a mountain of pebbles.

"Come on, munchkin." Sam picked her up, fixing her on his hip.

Alison wrapped her arms around his neck, laying her head against his.