⇢ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

ZEMO LAID ON the couch with a wet rag over his head. He was still recovering from the hit with the shield by John. Y/N had served himself a glass of wine and sat on the other sofa nearby as he enjoyed it. Sam was at a table by the bar on his laptop, communicating with Sharon back in Madripoor via messaging.

"Were you ever offered it?" Zemo suddenly asked Sam.

He turned around. "What?"

"The serum."

"No."

"If you had been, hypothetically, that is, would you have taken it?"

"No." Sam quickly declined.

"No hesitation. That's impressive." Zemo said as he removed the rag from his face and sat up, before looking at Y/N.

"Is there something you want to say?" Y/N asked after Zemo stared at him for quite some time

"Let's say you were born without an ounce of the serum in your blood. Would you have taken it if offered the chance? Like Erskine offered Rogers?"

Y/N took a moment to think as he looked directly at Zemo. "I've had it in me my whole life. Some of it unknowingly. But if I was offered it, like Steve, I would. To do good like he did."

"Do good." He repeated. "And what good have you done?"

Y/N scoffed and got up from the sofa, going over the bar to put away his glass. Zemo continued to push at his buttons.

"Caused casualties in New York, worked for HYDRA unknowingly, and destroyed my country. It's good to forget, I suppose. At least you did it all while spending time with your father and the Widow."

"Zemo." Sam spoke up rather sternly.

He ignored him and kept talking. "While other families were lost, you got to build one...with children who are forced to look up to parents who were made to be killers."

Before Y/N could properly put away his glass, he slammed it on the counter and shattered it. He spun around and looked directly at Zemo with a glare.

"You want to talk about killers? Look in the damn mirror, Helmut." He scolded. "The people in Vienna...King T'Chaka. I could avenge him right now and the Wakandans will thank me for it."

Zemo nodded with eyes staring at Y/N. He smirked. "Was that wrath always a part of you or a byproduct of your protocol?"

Y/N huffed and turned back around. He composed himself before he could let his anger get the best of him and hurt Zemo.