chapter 24

All my plans of hiding from the male leads were ruined. I have already met three male leads.

Sponsored Content

Yeah, it was a plan that was ruined from the beginning anyway.

If I think about where it went wrong, it must have been since I met Enoch.

When I woke up on this island, I should have kicked Enoch and ran straight away!

Of course, it was doubtful whether I would be able to escape the monsters and survive alone, but well, now it was all a futile thought.

But what the hell was Ruzef doing on the mountainside at sunset?

Read more

“Margaret!”

I came down to the cave with the flare gun in my pocket, and Enoch, who was standing in front of the cave, ran to me and hugged me tightly.

When I thought I was going to die of suffocation, he finally let me go.

“I saw a strange magic circle in the sky. You……! I thought you were……! Haa……”

Enoch was furious.

Because of this, I missed the time to speak about Archbishop Ruzef.

“I’m sorry for worrying you.”

Enoch did not respond to my apology. Maybe he was really angry.

‘I died and came to life. So please don’t get too mad.’

There are so many things I want to say, but my legs are tired. I think I won’t be able to wake up tomorrow and will suffer from muscle pain.

I lost strength in my legs, so I sat down. Then Enoch hugged me.

I don’t know how many times he hugged me like this. I felt relieved when I was wrapped in his firm and warm chest.

“……But why is the cave like this?”

The cave was a mess. Although there weren’t many things in the first place, all the harpoons and coconut bowls that had been hard to make were shattered.

It was as if a storm had raged into the cave. Or was there a thief?

“Well……”

Enoch looked around without blinking an eye and answered briefly,

“It just happened.”

What do you mean?

My bed was the only thing that remained intact in the cave.

Enoch put me down on a large leaf, my share of simple bedding. Then he sat on one knee in front of me.

“Where did Kayden go?”

“To find you.”

Enoch answered short.

I feel uncomfortable that Kayden went to find me in the middle of a dangerous night.

“I went hiking. I thought I’d be able to be back soon, but I must have lost my sense of time because it was a long hike.”

I made excuses over and over again. But it is true. Because I was really going to be back before the sun

ADVERTISEMENT

 went down.

“Are there any injuries?”

I nodded calmly and narrowed my forehead because my soles were sore. The blister seems to have burst again.

Enoch looked at me quietly and grabbed my ankle. His large hands wrapped around my ankle at once. I was a little nervous.