Chapter 28

Kayden looked me in the eye

ADVERTISEMENT

 and cut off the branches and made something. Moments later, he held out a bag made by tying a string and a large leaf.

Sponsored Content

‘Oh my gosh, a leaf bag? It’s so cute.’

After receiving the eco-friendly bag as a gift, I looked at Kayden blankly. It was surprising that such a cute bag was made with such big hands.

As I looked at the bag he made for me, I said, “Let’s go together.”

Although Enoch was displeased, Kayden was a huge help to us.

Kayden had excellent life skills, and Enoch was good at hunting and working, so the combination of members was very good.

Read more

We packed our bags and set out on a journey to move…… It seems like a great adventure, but, as always, the reality was not so beautiful.

It was better to find something like the cave we used to live in around the river than to burn calories while building a hut.

But, of course, it was not easy to find a place that met the conditions.

On the way, I glanced over the cliffs I saw a few days ago. I haven’t given up on finding a bunker that might be on a cliff somewhere.

After getting out of the cave we were staying in, we found a large river—as Kayden said, around sunset.

The calmly flowing river seemed perfect for fish to live in. The water is also good for drinking water or bathing.

There was a flat gravel field in front of the river, and there was a slope after passing the gravel field.

The place I was standing was surrounded by trees, so it was protected from animals, and there was a reasonable distance from the river, so it was good for evacuation when it rained a lot and the river overflowed.

“I’d love to build a twig hut here.”

I don’t know when I’ll leave this place to build a proper hut in earnest.

Therefore, it seemed most appropriate to make an evacuation hut using tree twigs for now.

“But Margaret, how do you make a twig hut……?”

When asked to build a twig hut, Kayden asked with a puzzled face.

Enoch also looked at me with a face waiting for an answer.

‘Oh yeah. You may not know this.’

I squatted down and, with my index finger, drew a hut on the ground.

“First, you need two short wooden poles and one long wooden pole. I think a strong, thick wood would be good.”

At my explanation, Enoch and Kayden nodded their heads as they listened.

“At the entrance of the hut, put two short wooden poles together to form a triangle, and put a long wooden pole that will serve as the frame of the roof on top of it like this, and the foundation work is finished. This tripod is the support of the hut.”