20. Happy New Year, my Love.

The next four days passed in a blur

The next four days passed in a blur. I spent most of my time with Kia.

Aiden, Tara and Evans would often come to visit, and we would spend time together, but Kia and I spent hours on end together, talking, exploring about one thing or the other, and generally just enjoying each other's company.

I knew that if I spent time with her, I won't be able to let go but I didn't know I'd get so used to her presence. I found myself becoming more and more attached to her every day, and I knew when the time would come. I'll cry, and I'll miss her, but I'll be OK. I've signed a deal and I can't push its limits.

But a small part of me is reluctant to let go. I made the deal because I thought he was a bipolar, rude, impolite, inconsiderate, and self-centred person, and I found him so infuriating. I thought he was a selfish bastard who had no consideration for others.

However, I am happy to say I was wrong as if he had flipped a switch in him, he was nothing compared to the first two times I met him.

Anyway, it was new year eve and everyone excluding me and Mr Arnold was excited to see the ball dropping in New York at Times Square at midnight on the occasion of New Year.

The countdown had started and right now it was 11 p.m. We were all glued to the TV set at my house. 

Don't ask me why, It happened in a second, one moment I was sulking at the thought of spending another year alone, the next minute I don't know what came upon Aiden. He invited everyone to my house saying I'll be glad to have all of them on such a great occasion.

Ah! Hyper people are so great!

I'm not being sarcastic.

I guess.

Talking about Mr Arnold, he had been extra cautious around me for the past days. I don't know the f*ck runs in that weirdo's mind.

But what has been bothering me is, even I tend to be quite careful around him. The f*ck is wrong with me too.

It's not that I like him or sh*t. It's just there's some tension between us. No, not that tension. There's some weird kind of tension, if I say I feel awkward around him, I would be lying. He makes me feel safe and comfortable.

I don't know what I feel around him. It's just distinct, yes that's all.

Kia has been on some sugar rush and she's been dancing by herself, singing and making crazy facial expressions.

One thing that makes me suspicious is that she's been planning something with Aiden. The kid thinks I'm oblivious to what she's doing but I'm just this little away to know her secret plan.

I'll know what she's planning, eventually.

"Aiden stop dancing you're making me crazy!", Mr Arnold shouted for the nth time. He had been pretty annoyed from the moment Aiden started dancing, every next moment he'd try to do a dance or some fancy leg movement only to find that he had stepped on Mr Arnold's foot or tripped on the table.