Chapter 6 - Right Through You

The side of my neck was stinging like crazy.

Alison: 'Ow ow ow... I'd forgotten how much that goddamn tattoo hurts...'

I looked up at Kiji who's expression was serious. Well, having June as my supervisor for the past three years, it didn't surprise me much. Still, there was something off.

Kiji: "I need to talk to you alone."

He took me to his office and sat me down opposite him.

Kiji: "Let's start with proper introductions. I am Supervisor Mitsuba, I'll be in charge of you from now on. But you can call me Kiji."

Rylan: "Pleasure."

Kiji: "You seem awfully calm for someone who was just arrested."

Rylan: "What can I say? I'm a calm kinda guy."

Alison: 'Oh god no! Is he getting suspicious?!'

Kiji: "Hm... now would be your chance to tell me your name, Rylan... your real name."

Alison: 'SHIT!!'

Rylan: "P-pardon?"

Kiji: "I know you're not who you say you are. Or who you appear to be."

Alison: 'I'M SCREWED! I'M SO SCREWED!!'

Rylan: "What makes you say that... sir?"

Kiji: "I have a special eye for picking out people like you. I know you're not really a young man."

Alison: 'What do I do? What do I do?!'

Rylan: "Uh-"

Kiji: "You don't have to be afraid. I only wish to talk to you about it."

Alison: '... Guess there's no other option.'

Alison: "*sigh*... You're right..."

I took my beanie and wig off.

Kiji: "Who are you really, dear?"

Alison: "My name is Alison. I was known as inmate number 12 at the women's prison I just came from."

I lifted up my shirt to show him the number 12 tattoo on my stomach.

Kiji: "So that's why you were so calm about your situation. You've been an inmate... for how long?"

Alison: "Three years, sir."

Kiji: "On what charge?"

Alison: "Arson... I burned down a school, and a couple churches."

Kiji: "Hm, I might have guessed you were already an inmate. But here's the big question... Why are you here?"

Alison: "I came here... because... mm..."

My cheeks went bright pink.

Alison: "Because I wanted to be with Honey..."

Kiji: "......... I see what's happened. You must have met number 82 when he broke into your prison."

Alison: "Yes, sir..."

Kiji: "And you've fallen in love."

I nodded.

Kiji: "So you posed as a boy to get sent here."

Alison: "Mhm..."

Tears filled my eyes as I realised what has to happen now.

Kiji: "Why are you crying?"

Alison: "Because I know you're going to send me back."

He sat in thought for a while.

Kiji: "I'm not going to send you back. Even though I very much should."

Alison: "R-really? Why?"

Kiji: "Because I believe young love is a beautiful thing. And because you've taken so much effort to come here. I feel it would be cruel to send you back. So I won't."

I smiled gratefully.

Alison: "You know, Kiji, you're a lot nicer than my previous supervisor."

Kiji: "I care for my inmates, dear. Just be sure not to test me. You do not what to see me angry."

Alison: "Yes, sir."

I put all my hair back under the wig and beanie.

Kiji: "Now, listen closely, number 41. You will remain here as one of my inmates. Your secret is safe with me but remember this is an all guy prison. I fear to know what would happen if everyone was to find out you're really a beautiful young woman."

Alison: "I understand."

He lead me out of his office.

Alison: "Hey, Kiji... where is Honey?"

He smiled.

Kiji: "He and number 3 are in cell 6."

I froze.

Alison: "R-right n-"

Kiji: "Right next door. Come along."

He lead me to my new cell.

Kiji: "This will be your new home from now on."

Alison: "Tha- ahem"

Rylan: "Thanks, Kiji."

He took my handcuffs off and locked me in my cell. He whispered to me before leaving.

Kiji: "Listen, dear, if you should ever want to return, I will allow that."

I had no desire for that, but I nodded to say I understood.