Chapter 47 - Queen

"It's quite unnatural for you to call me out when there isn't an occasion," I said in a bored voice.

"Fufu. Can I not hope to be friends with the one person I've grown to respect and admire?" a soft but commanding voice responded.

"I guess you could. But I don't want rumors to spread."

Sakayanagi and I were currently walking towards the Pallet. This was pretty much the first time the 2 of us had talked to each other, barring the time in the Special Building, after the Sports Festival.

Sakayanagi is a very interesting person.

Not only does she know about the White Room, she knows of the people within it as well. However, it would seem that she did not know the specifications of anything within the White Room.

Furthermore, she has never seen me prior to meeting in this school. She had, however, seen Kiyotaka before. I can safely assume that she has then been to the Eastern Wing of the White Room only.

I didn't know that place even allowed visitors.

I needed to revaluate the power that Sakayanagi held with her at the moment.

She could release information at any time, and Kiyotaka and I would be forced to take drastic measures to subdue the upheaval and wait for the storm to pass.

However, it was very unlikely that Sakayanagi would expose us. There is no merit in doing so. If the White Room becomes known to the common man, it could lead to something much more severe than just normal gossip.

The White Room does not respect human rights in the slightest. If word got out to the rest of the world about the treatment that we students received when we were a part of their experiment, it could be disastrous.

We walked into the Pallet, completely oblivious to our surroundings. It looked like Sakayanagi really wasn't hiding the fact that she was meeting up with the Class D Leader.

"It's completely filled....." I muttered.

Like always, the Pallet was one of the busiest places on campus. It is extremely famous among the females across all the years, which was evidently seen.

Luckily, right at the corner of the café, was an empty seat for 2. I quickly slid up to the spot and occupied the seats, and allowed Sakayanagi to slowly take her seat as well.

"It feels surreal to finally be with you in such a conducive environment, Takeyama-kun," she said soothingly. "I've always wanted this to happen from the bottom of my heart."

"I'm glad."

"You don't seem very," she said, and she bent forward to come a little closer to me. "Maybe I'm boring you, Takeyama-kun?"

"Not at all. I'm just a bit curious as to why Kamuro-san has been standing there by the entrance of Pallet watching over us," I said in a disgruntled voice. "Just so you know, I'm not planning to do anything to you."

Sakayanagi let out a quiet, hearty laugh. "It seems she has been caught. Don't worry about a thing, Takeyama-kun. I trust you whole-heartedly. I can send her away if that what you'd like."

"I don't really mind her standing there. After all, she helps you move around freely, doesn't she?"

"She does. Masumi-san sure is a great help," she said. "Say, Takeyama-kun. Enough talk about Masumi-san. Why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

"More about myself?"

"I understand if you don't want to, though. After all, your past in not something that can be easily revealed to the world," she said slowly, carefully choosing her words.